Windows 10: I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.

Discus and support I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am learning new things and realised i cant make any security changes, i am testing my own .lua script injector, when i download it, it says its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by upcomingITpro, Apr 2, 2021.

1. I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.

I am learning new things and realised i cant make any security changes, i am testing my own .lua script injector, when i download it, it says its detected as a virus, so i went ahead and tried to turn off real-time protection and it says that i dont have the permission to change the security settings, more precisely "this setting is managed by your administrator". i tried to delete the account but it doesnt allow me to. It also clearly states that i am also an administrator, and also i had an inbuilt norton antivirus thing, then the free trial ended so i uninstalled it.

:)

upcomingITpro, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition. :(

Zakin, Apr 2, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Apr 2, 2021
  4. I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition.

1. I cant delete the administrator account thats inbuilt with windows 10 home edition. - Similar Threads - cant delete administrator

2. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  3. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  4. I made an admin account, deleted the inbuilt one, i cant sign in to the admin account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I made an admin account, deleted the inbuilt one, i cant sign in to the admin account.: Detailed description: As of recent, I finally made my own admin account, after deleting the inbuilt one. Whenever I try to sign in the admin account, it asks to download an app from the microsoft store and whenever i click "yes" it just kicks me back into the place where...
  5. What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...: What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will become the administrator then? Because when I try to change my accounts type it says that account A (administrator account) is still the administrator when I supposedly change account b to...
  6. How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH]With nothing more than a generic Windows 10 installation disc or USB flash drive, […] This article How to delete the inbuilt Administrator Account in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.: Hi Team, My windows account got deleted. Am unable to unlock and login to the system. F8 is not working when restarting laptop. Help me in this regards, Thanks DT...
  8. Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Inbuilt Administrator in Windows 10: I was given instructions on how to fix the Admin issue on my computer. One of the instructions involved me pressing the Window key and X. Then I was instructed to go the Command Prompt Admin section. When I went to that part of the step I noticed I no longer have that option...
  9. create administrator account windows 10 home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    create administrator account windows 10 home: create administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/create-administrator-account-windows-10-home/c9fe86e2-b502-4fa3-ac94-95b6d97a18df"
  10. I deleted the administrative account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted the administrative account: I prefer to log in as a standard user... better security, etc... so i made the administrator account first... then made my standard user account... the computer always wants to log in as the administrator, so i was trying to find out how to change the default user (i'll ask...