Windows 10: I can't delete the driver software for my driver

Discus and support I can't delete the driver software for my driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble connecting to my vpn so I think my wireless adapter drivers are corrupt. I've had this problem before on a previous laptop, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by desbest, Feb 20, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

I can't delete the driver software for my driver

I'm having trouble connecting to my vpn so I think my wireless adapter drivers are corrupt. I've had this problem before on a previous laptop, and reinstalling the wireless adapters drivers helped, provided the driver was deleted from the computer and the latest version from the computer manufacturer's website was installed.

So I need to uninstall and DELETE my wireless driver from my computer. It should not reinstall itself when I restart.

I can't delete the driver software for a driver from my computer. The delete checkbox is missing.

I can't delete the driver software for my driver 49085d19-c2a1-483f-b343-6edb68a41aee?upload=true.png

Below is the expected behaviour of what should appear.

I can't delete the driver software for my driver 072b89d7-aaff-4bb7-a9f6-ecaa4becaba1?upload=true.png

:)

desbest, Feb 20, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Feb 20, 2021
  3. musek Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Feb 20, 2021
  4. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I can't delete the driver software for my driver - Similar Threads - can't delete driver

2. I deleted my Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted my Bluetooth driver: By mistake I removed the bluetooth module from my laptop and it isnt reinstalling. Before upgrading to Windows 10 I had Windows 8.1 Pro in which the bluetooth driver reinstalled after i deleted driver and restarted. I thought it was the same in Windows 10 too but sadly it...
  3. I can't delete my old printer driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't delete my old printer driver: I tried to delete my old printer driver and reinstall it again, but I couldn't remove the old driver. Every time I try to delete it it show an error message that says: "Error 2147467259: Failed to find driver packages to process". I tried every article on Microsoft...
  4. I can’t delete the driver software for my driver

I can’t delete the driver software for my driver: I'm having trouble connecting to my vpn so I think my wireless adapter drivers are corrupt. I've had this problem before on a previous laptop, and reinstalling the wireless adapters drivers helped, provided the driver was deleted from the computer and the latest version from...
  5. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  6. Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver

Killer Networks Driver or Software+Driver: I ordered a new Dell XPS 15 and it comes with the Killer 1650ax. I've always had Intel Wifi adapters. I prefer using manufacturer drivers because they update more frequently. On Killer's page there are two options...the Killer Software package and a driver's only option. Does...
  7. Can't Reinstall Old Scanner Software/Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Reinstall Old Scanner Software/Driver: My Windows 10 laptop was giving me this "critical error sign out now" message so I had to refresh Windows 10. Problem is, while reinstalling my CanoScan LIDO 25 software/drivers, the installation just stops after the installer unzips. The software was working fine just before...
  8. Delete driver software for this device missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete driver software for this device missing: [ATTACH] where did the \"Delete driver software for this device\" go submitted by /u/iiStik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gucb9d/delete_driver_software_for_this_device_missing/
  9. I deleted all my Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted all my Drivers: So I reinstall windows 10 because my laptop didn't want to reset. But then all my Drivers got deleted and I'm using an EVOO laptop which doesn't have a website and I don't know what Wifi Driver to use or Bluetooth and I Cant use touchscreen no more and I can't even turn off...
  10. Can't install new WiFi driver software

Can't install new WiFi driver software: edit: I was able to install the supposed correct WiFi driver yet the problem remains. I l lose connectivity as soon as I walk outside my house. May post in another section for help. Can't figure out how to delete this post so feel free. My laptop loses wifi connectivity...