Windows 10: I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

Discus and support I can't delete the folder "MountUUP" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HiDQ, Oct 17, 2021.

1. HiDQ Win User

I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how to delete it without going into safe mode or things like that? It kinda makes me scared to do those kinds of things because I don't want to break my computer.Please help me delete this folder, It's 14 gb and I don't have a lot of space for other stuff.Thanks!

:)

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I can't delete the folder "MountUUP" :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I can't delete the folder "MountUUP" :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 17, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 17, 2021
  4. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?

Currently Build 19033

How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4 TeraByte plus MountUUP folder???

I downloaded Build 19035 from UUPDump and when it's creating the ISO file it creates this folder in the root of the drive where you've downloaded the new build.

It has a whole lot of different security policy settings and is a nightmare to try and delete!

Thanks for any help!

BTW Shawn - I have tried to delete it several times using your "empty folder" reg file but no good.

thewizardoz, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

1. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP" - Similar Threads - can't delete folder

2. MountUUP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MountUUP: I have a MountUUP folder on windows 10 cuz i was trying to get windows 11 22h2 iso from uupdump and i don't know where the iso is and it created this folder. I searched about this folder in the internet and i see there is in windows 11 so can you please help me uninstall this...
  3. MountUUP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MountUUP: I have a MountUUP folder on windows 10 cuz i was trying to get windows 11 22h2 iso from uupdump and i don't know where the iso is and it created this folder. I searched about this folder in the internet and i see there is in windows 11 so can you please help me uninstall this...
  4. MountUUP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?: Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mountuup-folder-in-windows-11-in-c-drive/805e0bdc-2ec3-4209-9972-aa9c5c6c2ee8
  6. What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?

What is mountUUP folder in windows 11 in C drive. How to delete it. Is it safe to delete it?: Specifications-128GB HDDWindows 11 v22504.1010 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-mountuup-folder-in-windows-11-in-c-drive/805e0bdc-2ec3-4209-9972-aa9c5c6c2ee8
  7. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete the folder "MountUUP": Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how to delete it without going into safe mode or things like that? It kinda makes me scared to do those kinds of things because I...
  8. I can't delete the folder "MountUUP"

I can't delete the folder "MountUUP": Whenever I try to delete a folder called mountUUP My computer says I need permission from "ALPHA-PC" Which is what I named my pc. Does anyone know how to delete it without going into safe mode or things like that? It kinda makes me scared to do those kinds of things because I...
  9. There is a folder that I can't delete.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  10. How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?: Currently Build 19033 How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4 TeraByte plus MountUUP folder??? I downloaded Build 19035 from UUPDump and when it's creating the ISO file it creates this folder in the root of the drive where you've downloaded the new build. It...