Windows 10: I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded

Discus and support I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded this game called "SCP: containment breach" and I wanted to get rid of it. I went to storage settings, but couldn't find it in the list,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ThomasDobinson1, Mar 13, 2020.

1. I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded

I downloaded this game called "SCP: containment breach" and I wanted to get rid of it.

I went to storage settings, but couldn't find it in the list, so I decided to get rid of it manually.

Most of the files I could get rid of easily, except for a few font files.

No matter what I do, I can't delete them.

Please help, I'm spiraling into insanity.

:)

ThomasDobinson1, Mar 13, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 13, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    accessing downloaded font

Hello Lori,

To get your downloaded fonts on the list of fonts for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the Fonts folder by typing fonts on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • While the Fonts folder is open, access the folder where your downloaded font is stored.
    • Now that both folders are open, drag and drop your downloaded font from the downloads folder to the Fonts folder.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 13, 2020
  4. I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded

Download Windows 10 Font Pack

Thanks for the info but it's not the solution to what I need. It does not include the complete list of fonts originally included in windows 10. In addition to the fact that as it is mentioned in it at the time you restore the system, you will for certain
    lose other information that is unnecessary to delete and could be hard to restore. In previous editions there is a downloadable package with all the fonts which allows you to fix fonts problems without messing around with other configurations. If you follow
    the steps suggested you need to restore corel, acrobat, illustrator, among other programs since each one of them have some unique fonts.

Marco A.Garrido - Live, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded

1. I can't delete these font files from a game I downloaded - Similar Threads - can't delete font

2. Why can't I delete a downloaded file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete a downloaded file?: Hello, so my laptop has a .zip file for a Minecraft Resource Pack that gives Minecraft Visual Enchantments. When I downloaded the file from CurseForge, it was stuck on 100% 0 bytes remaining and it won't complete. So I cancelled the download and the .zip file was there. I...
  3. Why can't I delete a downloaded file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I delete a downloaded file?: Hello, so my laptop has a .zip file for a Minecraft Resource Pack that gives Minecraft Visual Enchantments. When I downloaded the file from CurseForge, it was stuck on 100% 0 bytes remaining and it won't complete. So I cancelled the download and the .zip file was there. I...
  4. Why can't I delete a downloaded file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't delete a font file

I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  6. I can't delete a font file

I can't delete a font file: I can't delete a font file .ttf because when I tried to delete it, it shows,Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-font-file/68d4eb44-b66e-4b1f-91a1-e0ac64b71105
  7. I can't delete a font file

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder...

Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder...: Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder after I've installed them and they're in Paint 3d?I would like to save space and was wondering if they will still be saved in Paint 3d after I've deleted them from my downloads?...
  9. Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder...: Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder after I've installed them and they're in Paint 3d?I would like to save space and was wondering if they will still be saved in Paint 3d after I've deleted them from my downloads?...
  10. Can I delete free fonts that I downloaded compressed zip files from my downloads folder...