Windows 10: I can't delete this file

Discus and support I can't delete this file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I right click the file, the explorer crashed. How do I delete this file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VQK2022HD, May 28, 2022.

1. VQK2022HD Win User

I can't delete this file

When I right click the file, the explorer crashed. How do I delete this file

:)

VQK2022HD, May 28, 2022
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 28, 2022
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 28, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

I can't delete this file

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 28, 2022
Thema:

I can't delete this file

1. I can't delete this file - Similar Threads - can't delete file

2. I can't delete file Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.99.4616.2_x64__8wekyb3d8b bwe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete file Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.99.4616.2_x64__8wekyb3d8b bwe: I can't change the privilieges, move it or delete it with 3rd party apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-file/a10b581e-5cd4-4811-9d18-d2ff2a9c3e6f
  3. I can't delete this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete this file: When I right click the file, the explorer crashed. How do I delete this file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-this-file/0e35d043-b66d-4244-9428-6be7b2fad9da
  4. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  5. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a file: when i try to open/delete an older text document it shows this: it won't show that error when i create a new text document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-a-file/64b1f566-eb21-4145-a5a8-d5f33cfd1db9
  6. I can't delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't delete a file

I can't delete a file: Earlier today I renamed an excel file. I find out a few hours later that it has made a copy of the excel file but named as it was before I renamed it. I did not create a copy of this file. I can't delete this copy because it says "item not found". How do I get rid of...
  8. I can't delete HEIC files

I can't delete HEIC files: I can see it I File explorer But I cant delete it on downloads, or in pictures, I've pressed the delete option but it's still there, if I tap on it take me to Photos but I can't view and it says I need to download codecs which I can't do either. Also I cant even find it in...
  9. A file I can't delete

A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....
  10. A file I can't delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A file I can't delete: I have windows 10. I have a file in documents I can't delete and it is taking up 90% of my storage. It's a TS file that I added myself. When I go to documents and click on it, it freezes my computer. I have tried command prompt to forcefully delete it and that didn't work....