Windows 10: I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

Discus and support I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't delete a folder. This folder needs to be deleted though. I reset my pc and the folder i am trying to delete is the one where apps were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesa123455, Apr 19, 2020.

1. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

I can't delete a folder. This folder needs to be deleted though. I reset my pc and the folder i am trying to delete is the one where apps were installed on my d drive. I go to set my default app location and it says error. I did plenty of research, tried software such as assassin, tried changing ownership to everything possible, tried cmd, nothing has worked.

This is a cmd log where i try to delete it regularly

C:\Users\James>rmdir /Q /S D:\WindowsApps

D:\WindowsApps\BethesdaSoftworks.WolfensteinYoungblood-PC_1.9.0.0_x64__3275kfvn8vcwc - Access is denied.

D:\WindowsApps\CurveDigital.HumanFallFlatPC_1.0.9.0_x64__1ezqdnbhnc70m - Access is denied.

D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1389.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe - Access is denied.

D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HaloCombatEvolved_1.1367.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe - The system cannot find the file specified.

D:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Lovika_0.0.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe - The system cannot find the file specified.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\050FBB4D-16E5-42A8-945A-963D007974AA - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\050FBB4D-16E5-42A8-945A-963D007974AA.xvi - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\9EE347A5-F183-4058-B911-6A125FCC4DC7 - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\9EE347A5-F183-4058-B911-6A125FCC4DC7.xvi - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\D12D5A15-D256-4469-B2E2-7D7C5D9137E0 - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

D:\WindowsApps\MSIXVC\D12D5A15-D256-4469-B2E2-7D7C5D9137E0.xvi - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

:)

jamesa123455, Apr 19, 2020

2. Can't delete folder!

have you tried using safe mode to delete it? i dont know what you had in it, but i have tried to delete files that said they had nothing in them from the program files folder and it said "DUNK" and NO but i was able to delete them from safe mode

acousticlemur, Apr 19, 2020
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think. [​IMG]

AFTommy, Apr 19, 2020
  4. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think.

1. I can't delete this folder which won't delete. I have tried everything, i think. - Similar Threads - can't delete folder

2. I can't delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete a folder: I am using Windows 10. I am trying to delete a folder, but it keeps saying "You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder" even though I set all permissions in the folder to Full Control. Is there anything else I missed?...
  3. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...: I have tried all the methods on internet that i saw to delete this folder but its not deleteing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-a-folder-ive-tried-everything-i/ed4a62b7-bd93-4b10-9ea4-77ff43e3abfb
  4. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything. I have also tried safe mode and...: I have tried all the methods on internet that i saw to delete this folder but its not deleteing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-delete-a-folder-ive-tried-everything-i/ed4a62b7-bd93-4b10-9ea4-77ff43e3abfb
  5. I Can't Delete a Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Can't Delete a Folder: I have a folder I created but I can't delete. When I try to delete the folder I get an error telling me I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried to change the ownership of the folder to everyone, but that gives me an error that says, "Failed to enumerate objects....
  6. I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!

I think I accidently deleted everything in my downloads folder!: While trying to clean my drive, I erased my temporary files. Unknowingly, I selected the downloads folder to include in the purge. However, for some reason, it kept two folders out of everything. I have no clue why. Is there any way to get my files back? Or are they...
  7. This folder won't delete no matter what I try

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This folder won't delete no matter what I try: I restored a backup to my desktop and now it won't delete because it has folders like "WindowsApps" inside which won't let me change the permissions to delete. I keep getting a "You need permission to perform this action" when I try. What Can I do? submitted by /u/ls_2012...
  8. There is a folder that I can't delete.

There is a folder that I can't delete.: I have 2 drivesC and D and most apps download to C drive. But windows has this feature where it can move the apps to D drive, which I did. But soon after that I had to reset my system which reset everything except for the D driveWhich has 2 windows apps folders. If I try to...
  9. I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything

I cannot delete a folder, I've tried everything: I downloaded notepad ++ from a third party because I needed an older version, but it also installed a program SAntivirus, which I cannot delete no matter what I do. I've tried all the third party things, access denied, I tried all the basic things like through task manager,...
  10. Folder that I can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder that I can't delete: I have a folder in win 10 that I can't delete! When I try to delete it is says "You do not have access to this folder" There is an explanation on what to do to gain access to it but it is meaningless to me! Can someone give me clear & concise procedure on how to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete folder because folder in use