Windows 10: I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help.

Discus and support I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [IMG][IMG]Hi, I'm trying to turn off my facial recognition and switch to fingerprint ID. But I'm not even able to turn either of them off or on.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sami Lowe, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Sami Lowe Win User

I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help.

I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help. [​IMG]I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help. [​IMG]Hi, I'm trying to turn off my facial recognition and switch to fingerprint ID. But I'm not even able to turn either of them off or on.

:)

Sami Lowe, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Dec 22, 2020
  3. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

facial recognition

Hi Dawn,

Based on the details you have provided, you can follow these steps to set a new scan for facial recognition:

• On the
      Start
      button, go to
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

• Under
      Windows Hello, choose
      camera setup option.

• Select
      Remove
      to delete or remove the previous facial recognition setup.

• To setup a new facial recognition setup, go to
      Set Up > Get Started.

• Follow the instructions to scan your face and click
      Finish.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't disable facial recognition and switch to fingerprint. Please help. - Similar Threads - can't disable facial

2. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition.: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.2715 on a Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop. I'm unable to activate either Facial Recognition or Fingerprint Recognition. I go to Settings...Accounts...Sign-in options...Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello. I click that and get a "Set up" button....
  3. fingerprint and facial recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint and facial recognition: I am unable to use fingerprint and facial recognition on my new hp laptop since it’s saying “currently unavailable”. I’ve tried online support as well and they told me to contact Microsoft. Can anyone help please....
  4. fingerprint and facial recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint and facial recognition: I am unable to use fingerprint and facial recognition on my new hp laptop since it’s saying “currently unavailable”. I’ve tried online support as well and they told me to contact Microsoft. Can anyone help please....
  5. Facial and Fingerprint recognition on my PC are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial and Fingerprint recognition on my PC are unavailable: Hi, I have problems with Welcome Hello Sign-in Options on my PC. It happened since 2 days ago. It is stated that the Facial recognition and Fingerprint recognition are unavailable. I did not do any changes on the hardware/software and I install the newest Windows Update...
  6. Facial and Fingerprint recognition on my PC are unavailable

Facial and Fingerprint recognition on my PC are unavailable: Hi, I have problems with Welcome Hello Sign-in Options on my PC. It happened since 2 days ago. It is stated that the Facial recognition and Fingerprint recognition are unavailable. I did not do any changes on the hardware/software and I install the newest Windows Update...
  7. Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?: I have a new Dell XPS with windows 11 and non of the security signin options are working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-fingerprint-recognition-and/f5b2a95b-5494-4c11-82de-26340471e4f4
  8. Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?

Facial recognition, Fingerprint recognition and resetting PIN says it is unavailable ?: I have a new Dell XPS with windows 11 and non of the security signin options are working ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-fingerprint-recognition-and/f5b2a95b-5494-4c11-82de-26340471e4f4
  9. facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !: facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !what could be the reason for all 3 to be unavailable?...
  10. facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !

facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !: facial recognition, fingerprint recognition & PIN all unavailable on windows 11, help !what could be the reason for all 3 to be unavailable?...