Windows 10: I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

Discus and support I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kristynleksich, Jan 10, 2019.

1. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad.

:)

kristynleksich, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Jan 10, 2019
  3. hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 10, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

1. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop - Similar Threads - can't disable touchpad

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. I can't disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't disable my touchpad: Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to disable it. Could somebody help me to finde this option? I can see only that: [ATTACH] If i go to aditional settings...
  5. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  6. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop: I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user manual doesn't get into this. Any ideas?...
  7. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  8. mouse and touchpad for hp stream laptop 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse and touchpad for hp stream laptop 11: hi, I recently gotten a hp stream laptop 11, however I am unable to turn off touch pad gestures or use the keyboard and mouse at the same time. I tried going into the mouse and touch pad settings but there is no thinkpad/clickpad tab that would normally allow me to adjust...
  9. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  10. Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me

Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me: Windows update on my HP Laptop I can't disable the Touchpad... I hate it! Help me Everything was fine until the update... man this pisses me off.... I've done settings and control panel... ????...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant disable touchpad

2. HOW TO DISABLE TOUCHPAD ON AN HP LAPTOP WITHOUT ANY DIFFICULTIES

3. disable touchpad for hp stream

4. unable to uninstall elan clickpad HP stream laptop,
  5. every time I boot up the elan touchpad screen opens up even though I ve disabled it on task manager ,
  6. i cant turn off clickpad on my hp laptop,
  7. disable clickpad on hp stream laptop,
  8. cannot disable touchpad on hp,
  9. disable touchpad hp stream,
  10. hp stream disable elan touchpad,
  11. hp stream cannot disable touchpad,
  12. how do i disable my touchpad on my hp stream