Windows 10: I can't disable my touchpad

Discus and support I can't disable my touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GabrielBogdan, Aug 15, 2020.

1. I can't disable my touchpad

Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to disable it.

Could somebody help me to finde this option?

I can see only that:

I can't disable my touchpad c63db036-6c3b-4934-a1a8-10a1fdeb1c13?upload=true.png

If i go to aditional settings there it isn't.

Thank you.

:)

GabrielBogdan, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Disable touchpad

Hi,

Normally, you can disable the touchpad from Device Manager by follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on HID-compliant mouse and select Disable.
    • Click Yes.
    • Check if the touchpad is already disabled.

You can also contact the device manufacturer for further assistance if touchpad cannot be disabled.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

I can't disable my touchpad

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

I can't disable my touchpad

1. I can't disable my touchpad - Similar Threads - can't disable touchpad

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore: Honestly what the **** with this latest Windows 10 update? I can no longer turn off the touchpad when using a mouse and it's making it difficult to work. I do NOT have the option to do so from the Device Manager. I do NOT have the option to do so from settings. So...
  5. Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable the touchpad on my ASUS laptop: Hey guys, I have an ASUS G751JL laptop running Windows 10 version 1903 and I can't for the life of me disable the touchpad. I've spent hours troubleshooting it and nothing has worked so far and the F9 function key isn't working. So far I have *updated all my drivers,...
  6. Can't Disable Touchpad

Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117
  7. No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled: I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since latest Windows mega-update). I've fallen down a rabbit hole with it since there is no toggle to disable it and all the...
  8. Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?

Why can't I Disable my Touchpad in Windows 10?: I use an External Mouse. Always have always will. After the last Update for Windows 10 in March or maybe the first of April, I had to go back in and disable my Touch Pad. Then my lap top shut down on its own and restarted, Enabling that darn Touch Pad. And now there is no...
  9. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop: I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-disable-my-touchpad-on-my-hp-stream-laptop/1f577510-a5a3-4a89-a3fb-5c5c5c57cf47"
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...