Windows 10: I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

Discus and support I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Honestly what the **** with this latest Windows 10 update? I can no longer turn off the touchpad when using a mouse and it's making it difficult to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RossALincoln, Jun 29, 2020.

1. I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

Honestly what the **** with this latest Windows 10 update? I can no longer turn off the touchpad when using a mouse and it's making it difficult to work.

I do NOT have the option to do so from the Device Manager.

I do NOT have the option to do so from settings.

So please don't waste my **** time telling me about either. What I need is for you to tell me how to turn off my **** touchpad and do so without condescending to me about it. This broke my **** laptop. **** fix it.

:)

RossALincoln, Jun 29, 2020

2. Touchpad can't disabled

Hello Joseph,

If your laptop has a touchpad utility software, you may check if it has an option to disable the touchpad. For instructions please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Mouse.
    • Click on Touchpad tab.
    • Under the Touchpad sub-menu, click Disable.
    • Click Apply, and OK.
    Disclaimer: If you disable the touchpad, you need to use the keyboard or external mouse to navigate.

We'll wait for the result.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 29, 2020
  3. I can't disable synaptics touchpad

Hi Jasper,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps posted in Sony Support and check if it helps:

How to disable the touchpad?

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Josie23 Win User

I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore [​IMG]

Josie23, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore

1. I can't Disable Touchpad Anymore - Similar Threads - can't Disable Touchpad

2. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  3. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  4. I can't disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't disable my touchpad: Hi, I'm using an external mouse and I don't need my touch pad. I can't find the option to Disable it. Before the last update on Windows 10 i use to disable it. Could somebody help me to finde this option? I can see only that: [ATTACH] If i go to aditional settings...
  5. Can't turn off or disable touchpad??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't turn off or disable touchpad??: I have been searching, searching and searching for the answer to this question to no avail. Well, lo and behold, I finally found something that has worked for me. Maybe it will work for you. I found, by accident, that my touchpad I have HP with Windows 10, is a synaptics...
  6. Can't disable Windows Defender anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable Windows Defender anymore: I'm on a fresh 1903 install with all updates and everything. I'm using the gpedit.msc method to disable Windows Defender via a group policy. To achieve that I enabled Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows components > Windows Defender > Turn Off Windows...
  7. Can't Disable Touchpad

Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117
  8. Can't disable touchpad while using a mouse anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't disable touchpad while using a mouse anymore: Hi all, Since updating to Windows 10 version 1903, the option to disable the touchpad while a mouse is connected is gone. On another post in the community, one of the microsoft people said that option and functionality has been straight up removed. You know, because we love...
  9. No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled: I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since latest Windows mega-update). I've fallen down a rabbit hole with it since there is no toggle to disable it and all the...
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...