Windows 10: I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

Discus and support I can't disconnect my school account from my pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SebastienA, Mar 5, 2022.

1. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix this?Thanks, SebastienA

:)

SebastienA, Mar 5, 2022
  2. CFrame Win User

School still requiring login changes after disconnecting on my PC

This has been going on for a bit now, and I'm finally getting so fed up with having to brainstorm new pins every 3 months. I initially added my school live account in hopes it would make working between home and school easier. After a while, I found it so
    annoying the issues outweighed the benefits, mainly in the fact I was running out of logins I could easily remember. For some reason, the policy for non-school PC is triple how often you need to reset a school-owned one. Anyways, I disconnected, yet I still
    have the organizational restrictions on my login and consistently have to change everything but my fingerprint, which doesn't always work. Here are the repo steps...

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Access work or school.
    2. Click the profile you wish to disconnect and select "Disconnect".
    3. A) Wait for a month or two until it requires pin reset.

B) Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options and click pin or password. Below it will give you a list of organizational restrictions and hold you to them when creating the pin.
    I can live without a fix, but personally i want my school of my laptop since I won't be going there soon anyways.

CFrame, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Mano_L Win User
    Impossible to disconnect a school account

Hey there

I am having troubles deleting my former university account from windows 10.

This scenario occurs when I try to disconnect my former School organizational (Office 365) account.

I follow the traditional procedure Settings > Account > Access work or school > "XXX account" > Disconnect.

When I click "Disconnect", the page loads and then this very account reappears for some unknown reason.

When I click on "Manage" (to manage this particular school account), I am redirected to Sign in to your account where
    I can see written "Windows Workplace joined".

When I left university, I know that my account got disabled.

I also receive on a regular basis a notification from windows telling me that this particular account needs fixing. When I try to reconnect to it (knowing that the account is disabled), the error code 135011 pops up.

This is a different error that the one explained and solved

here

FYI, I am signed in with a local account, non admin.

Anybody knows how to solve this without wiping my whole windows 10 ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Rom

Mano_L, Mar 5, 2022
  4. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

Remove work or school account from PC

I have connected my school account to my PC a few weeks ago and now I'm realizing that some of my settings on my PC are controlled by my school. For example, I can not use a PIN in order to log on since my "organization" controls
    that setting. I have tried to remove the account with multiple different approaches. Initially, I went to the "Access work or school" section in the settings of my PC and have selected the option to "disconnect" the school account. However, every time I do
    this the account does not get disconnected. I have also selected the option to "manage your account" and have disconnected the account from the Microsoft website when I was prompted to log in to the account. I have also contacted my school's IT department
    and they have remotely accessed my computer and could not figure out how to remove the account after trying other options. I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you.

UmarDhillon, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

1. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc - Similar Threads - can't disconnect school

2. if i disconnected my school account will it affect my studys in the office ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if i disconnected my school account will it affect my studys in the office ?: Hello i wanted to know if i disconnected my school account will it make a difference can i connect it back if i want to and it will be the same ?...
  3. if i disconnected my school account will it affect my studys in the office ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    if i disconnected my school account will it affect my studys in the office ?: Hello i wanted to know if i disconnected my school account will it make a difference can i connect it back if i want to and it will be the same ?...
  4. if i disconnected my school account will it affect my studys in the office ?

5. I can't log in my school account

I can't log in my school account: Hi,I've been trying to log into my school account for the past couple of days. Every time I enter my password and use the Microsoft Authenticator app to sign in, but right after it says that my account and compromised and forces me to update my password. I've changed it 3...
  6. I can't sign in to my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't sign in to my school account: I get an error message that my files might not be synchronized, and when I try to log in using my password, it just stays on "please wait one moment" after which I get asked for my password again in a never ending cycle. I've tried deleting the account from my computer and...
  7. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???: Hi , I just added my School account to my pc , but i cant delete it from my pc does anyone know why?Thankyou. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-workschool-account-from-my-pc/190b8cdf-eda9-49f3-9411-064e31bcbff5
  8. Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???

Can't delete Work/School account from my pc???: Hi , I just added my School account to my pc , but i cant delete it from my pc does anyone know why?Thankyou. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-workschool-account-from-my-pc/190b8cdf-eda9-49f3-9411-064e31bcbff5
  9. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...
  10. I can't disconnect my school account from my pc

I can't disconnect my school account from my pc: I can't disconnect my work account from my pc, I've done the regular steps, go to settings, accounts, access work or school, and then disconnect. I can do everything but disconnect, because the disconnect button is greyed out, and idk how to change this. How do I fix...