Windows 10: I can't do anything with my mouse.

Discus and support I can't do anything with my mouse. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This started about 5 days ago. I suddenly wasn't able to do anything with my mouse: hover animations, left click, right click, scrolling. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaquallay O'Nallay, Aug 22, 2021.

1. I can't do anything with my mouse.

This started about 5 days ago. I suddenly wasn't able to do anything with my mouse: hover animations, left click, right click, scrolling. Sometimes whenever I click it acts like I'm clicking on another window. I've tried "sfc /scannow" but that only fixes in momentarily. I have to restart multiple times if I want it to work for a long time but even then the problem returns after the computer goes to sleep. Recently I have only been able to use one application at a time but I can't interact with any others. The problem does happen with other mice so it's not this mouse and I've tried everything

:)

Shaquallay O'Nallay, Aug 22, 2021

2. Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 22, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 22, 2021
  4. I can't do anything with my mouse.

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 22, 2021
Thema:

I can't do anything with my mouse.

1. I can't do anything with my mouse. - Similar Threads - can't anything mouse

2. I can't do anything on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't do anything on my laptop: Well I tryna fix my window memory diagnostic tool loop that I been doing it 8 hours and it still didn't work, I try to go on safe mode by pressing f8 but it won't work, and I tryna go on startup repair and it didn't work power button method and now just gave up , I hope...
  3. I can't do anything on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't do anything on my laptop: Well I tryna fix my window memory diagnostic tool loop that I been doing it 8 hours and it still didn't work, I try to go on safe mode by pressing f8 but it won't work, and I tryna go on startup repair and it didn't work power button method and now just gave up , I hope...
  4. I can't do anything on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't do anything

I can't do anything: I have downloaded the latest update few days ago, and today i suddenly my laptop restarted showing stopcode critical process died with loophole restarting When i even went in winRe and did all the possible things i was not able to do anything. Also i am not able to uninstall...
  6. I can't do anything.

I can't do anything.: So i just got a new pc like 3 hours ago and had the windows installed and everything. Suddenly, i am unable to open any applications. I can't open internet explorer or anything. I tried to google how to fix this problem when you can't open any applications but these solutions...
  7. I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't do anything: I don't have a active windows key I bought it from cyberpower and they gave a key with it but it never worked so now there is just a activate windows in the bottom right corner and on top of that I don't have admin powers I am for some reason on a guest account It happened...
  8. Can't do anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't do anything: There was an update from windows that wasn't installing and keeps on failling. Yesterday, I while I tried one more time to install the update. I opened HP support to check for any HP related update. While search, a command promt programme opened and started giving out lines...
  9. I can't do ANYTHING

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't do ANYTHING: I logged on my laptop this morning and when I'm logged in I try to open up google chrome or spotify, but nothing works! I looked deeper into this and I tried fixing it but it didn't work. It's been around 2-3 days that I've been having this issue and I'd lile for someone...
  10. I can't boot, I can't do anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't boot, I can't do anything: I continuously get the same error over and over, C:\windows\system32\Logfiles\Srt\srtTrail.txt I've tried repairing, it doesnt work. I've tried resetting all of my hard disks, I get an error about 30% into it. Nothing works, I've spent hours trying to get back onto my...