Windows 10: I can't dowload games from online websites

Discus and support I can't dowload games from online websites in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was recently trying to download a game called crossout, a car game and it didn't work. I would click download and opened the .exe file, I would try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by camron, Jan 31, 2020.

1. camron Win User

I can't dowload games from online websites

I was recently trying to download a game called crossout, a car game and it didn't work. I would click download and opened the .exe file, I would try to open it and it wouldnt open. also when downloading it said 0% done 0 minutes left. I then tried to download a different game just to test(I chose krunker, a stupid .io game) and it still didn't work. Anyone know why? I am running windows 10 btw.

:)

camron, Jan 31, 2020

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jan 31, 2020
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 31, 2020
  4. I can't dowload games from online websites

imperialreign, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

I can't dowload games from online websites

1. I can't dowload games from online websites - Similar Threads - can't dowload games

2. My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....: Hi SirMadam, I have been facing freezing issues on my Dell XPS PC lately. This problem occurs after I play games or browse certain websites for an hour or more. I have tried pressing CTRL, ALT & DEL, but nothing seems to work. The issue has become more frequent and is now...
  3. My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....: Hi SirMadam, I have been facing freezing issues on my Dell XPS PC lately. This problem occurs after I play games or browse certain websites for an hour or more. I have tried pressing CTRL, ALT & DEL, but nothing seems to work. The issue has become more frequent and is now...
  4. My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....: Hi SirMadam,I have been facing freezing issues on my Dell XPS PC lately. This problem occurs after I play games or browse certain websites for an hour or more. I have tried pressing CTRL, ALT & DEL, but nothing seems to work. The issue has become more frequent and is now...
  5. My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....: Hi SirMadam,I have been facing freezing issues on my Dell XPS PC lately. This problem occurs after I play games or browse certain websites for an hour or more. I have tried pressing CTRL, ALT & DEL, but nothing seems to work. The issue has become more frequent and is now...
  6. Can't dowload

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't dowload: Can't figure out how to download Wu10Man 4.3 181485
  7. cant dowload my games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant dowload my games: I got a computer for Christmas and just recently I got another because the screen wasn't working and now when I try to download anything the screen freezes up and I have to X out and I was able to get among us and not it's just sitting there making to progress and I can't...
  8. I can't connect to any online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect to any online game: I had to switch the windows 10 account because everything crashed and I couldn't do anything. Now when I am trying to connect to any video game server, no matter the platform origin, steam, u-play and etc or the kind of online game it is. I just can't....
  9. need help in blocking online game website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need help in blocking online game website: Hello, i would like to block kunker.io website on my windows 10 computer.. Regards, Lakshmi.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-blocking-online-game-website/399cea76-621e-4312-9a09-d57780bcdd26
  10. Upload photo from laptop to an online website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload photo from laptop to an online website: Hello, I used to be able to upload with no problems. Now, it simply is not working. The circle just goes round and round and then says "error" I am attempting to upload a photo from my desktop to a specific website. I have other members who have tried and it worked for...