Windows 10: I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google...

Discus and support I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Keep getting an error trying to download video player from the app store? WIFI provider says check with Microsoft. * Moved from Community... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Happy Tuesday380, Nov 5, 2020.

1. I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google...

Keep getting an error trying to download video player from the app store? WIFI provider says check with Microsoft.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Happy Tuesday380, Nov 5, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Nov 5, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 5, 2020
  4. I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google...

Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google...

1. I can't download an app for video player in the Microsoft App Store, when I searched Google... - Similar Threads - can't download app

2. I can't download apps from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download apps from microsoft store: Hi, I have been using microsoft store to download minecraft bedrock but when i uninstalled it beacuse i got bored.Like month ago i wanted do install it again and it wont let me install minecraft and other appsBtw. I tried everything from youtube...
  3. I can't download apps on the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  4. I can't download apps on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  5. I can't download apps on the store

6. I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store!

I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store!: I recently installed the "Your Phone App" application on my Android device and it requires the same "Your Phone" application on my computer and I opened the Microsoft Store and when I choose any application or game after a few seconds, the Microsoft Store closes automatically...
  7. I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store!

I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store!: I recently installed the "Your Phone App" application on my Android device and it requires the same "Your Phone" application on my computer and I opened the Microsoft Store and when I choose any application or game after a few seconds, the Microsoft Store closes automatically...
  8. I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store

I can't download apps from the Microsoft Store: I cannot download any application from the MS Store. I researched this and tried various solutions posted here and elsewhere. I ran wsreset, ran the troubleshooter, tried to stop and restart the update service. No matter what you try, applications that are currently...
  9. i can't download or install apps in microsoft store

i can't download or install apps in microsoft store: i can't seem to download or install apps in microsoft store for some unknown reason, even though i did what mr.carmack told me to do, i restored and repaired and cleared everything related to the problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. I can't download apps on Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't download apps on Microsoft store: So anytime I attempt to download something from the Microsoft store it will download. Then it will give me the option to "install" it and it tells me "complete" however nothing is downloaded. Can someone help?...