Windows 10: I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

Discus and support I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hayden Murrey, Apr 21, 2020.

1. I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up. It is not my internet provider, all my other pc's and devices download things just fine. I've factory reset my pc multiple times. done clean boots, disabled my anti virus and firewall, ran it as administrator, cleared my cache, updated all of my drivers, and reformatted my drives. I've tried so many solutions from the internet and sought out tech support but I never found something that worked. Please help! This is driving me crazy. Also, any time this issue happens, if i try to close the launcher, it still shows up in my processes on task manager, and if i try to cend the process it says the operation could not be performed. I also cant restart my pc when it happens I believe because my pc cant end the process either so I have to resestart my pc by holding the power button.

:)

Hayden Murrey, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Daniel Win User

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 21, 2020
  4. I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

1. I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s - Similar Threads - can't download anything

2. I can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  3. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  4. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  6. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download speed suddenly drops to 0: my download speed while downloading a file,games fro any services,etc my network speed drops to 0 kb/s and the wifi needs to be disconnected and connected again to continue and the same thing repeats under a minute or 2 please help me out and be faster with solutions....
  7. download speed suddenly drops to 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows !0 Internet Download Speeds: I own three Mac Computers which I purchased only after I could run my Windows programs on them. I have a 2009 desktop, a 2018 desktop, and, as of a few days ago, a brand new 2020 MacBook Pro. All three have partitioned hard drives, the 2008 on Windows 7, the 2018 and 2020...
  9. Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s: I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up....
  10. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't download anything: I can't download anything and it is making me angry. I have windows 10. I tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall and it is not working. Sergio 44625