Windows 10: I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

Discus and support I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aarontodd1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

:)

aarontodd1, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Apr 6, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Malcolm21 Win User

I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Did not resolve with Citrix app

Malcolm21, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything. - Similar Threads - can't download anything

2. I can't download anything on to my new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything on to my new computer.: I'm trying to download Google Chrome and other applications from the internet, but it keeps giving an error message saying "to help protect your PC, we suggest you get a Microsoft-verified app." Is there any way to bypass this?...
  3. I can't download anything on to my new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download anything on to my new computer.: I'm trying to download Google Chrome and other applications from the internet, but it keeps giving an error message saying "to help protect your PC, we suggest you get a Microsoft-verified app." Is there any way to bypass this?...
  4. Windows defender blocked my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked my computer: What to do when Windows defender blocks my computer Moved from Microsoft Office 365 to Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-my-computer/c159f33e-e5d7-4b79-8e0c-2bc6dc71e861
  5. I can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download anything: I can no longer download anything through the Microsoft store. Every time I try, even apps/games I once previously had, I keep receiving the error code 0x80070422. Can someone please help me figure out how to fix this?...
  6. Windows defender blocking everything

Windows defender blocking everything: I'm just trying to install games with gog galaxy and windows ransomware protection keeps blocking everything! I know i have to add exclusions or just disable the protection, but why should i have to do this!? Why is windows defender blocking everything!? I have malwarebytes...
  7. Defender blocking everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Defender blocking everything: Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any pictures or add music files to now playing lists without it throwing up a message and blocking everything...….I have attached a...
  8. Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED): On February I posted this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-blockes-everything/4cc6b9ba-86e4-438f-b9bf-475b7705715b Unfortunately I found no valid answer. I managed thow to figure out...
  9. windows defender blocks downloads

windows defender blocks downloads: says has virus alert avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller 102996
  10. I can't download anything

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't download anything: I can't download anything and it is making me angry. I have windows 10. I tried disabling my anti-virus and firewall and it is not working. Sergio 44625

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot download anything on windows ten for some reason

2. i cant download anything