Windows 10: I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app.

Discus and support I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have tried basically everything at this point, this is the second time I've had this issue on an installation of Windows. I can no longer install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheCaptainBritish, Nov 19, 2020.

1. I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app.

I have tried basically everything at this point, this is the second time I've had this issue on an installation of Windows. I can no longer install anything via the Windows Store or the Xbox app, the install button just gives me a red "no" sign when I hover over it and the Xbox app just hangs on pending when attempting to install a game. I'm running the most recent version of Windows, this problem started maybe a week ago.

I've

• Reinstalled and re-registered the Windows Store via Powershell
    • Signed out and in again
    • Run wsreset.exe it does nothing, I'm not sure the process even finishes because it just hangs
    • Run the Windows Apps troubleshooter
    • Enabled UAC
    • Reset the Windows Store
    • Created a new user account
    • Run in Selective Startup mode

Nothing has helped, every common solution has been tried. I'm not **** re-installing windows AGAIN only to have this same issue happen, this is getting stupid.

:)

TheCaptainBritish, Nov 19, 2020

2. XBox app crashes on launch in Windows 10

Hi Kellon,

Thank you for posting your response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app on your computer and check.
    Follow the steps provided below.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.
    After uninstalling the Xbox app, I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Xbox
    app from the following link.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8

If you are still facing an issue with Xbox app, I suggest you to contact the Xbox support team and check.

You may refer the following link to post your query on Xbox forum.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app.

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app.

1. I can't download anything via Windows Store or the Xbox app. - Similar Threads - can't download anything

2. Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app refusing to download via MS Store: The app was showing an update available but attempting to download it does nothing. Tried running sfc /scannow and it reported no issues. Now running the following commands but stuck at 62.3% 3rd one in below list...Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /checkhealthDism.exe /online...
  3. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.: I Had some issues with minecraft so i decided to reinstall it. I uninstalled it but when i tried to download it from the xbox app it just said "preparing installation" sorry if this is translated wrong forever so i decided to download it from the minecraft website but it sent...
  4. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.: I Had some issues with minecraft so i decided to reinstall it. I uninstalled it but when i tried to download it from the xbox app it just said "preparing installation" sorry if this is translated wrong forever so i decided to download it from the minecraft website but it sent...
  5. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

7. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I can't download anything from the microsoft store or the xbox app.

9. I can't download anything through the Windows Store or the Xbox app.

I can't download anything through the Windows Store or the Xbox app.: I've tried basically everything at this point, this is the second time I've had this problem on a Windows install. I can no longer install anything through the Windows Store or Xbox app, the install button just gives me a red "no" signal when I hover over it, and the Xbox app...
  10. Can't download anything on Xbox Launcher / MS Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download anything on Xbox Launcher / MS Store: I got my 1€ Game Pass yesterday, as i wanted to try out the new Flight Sim and AoE. I cannot download both of them with the MS Store nor the Xbox Launcher. other games, like hellblade worked fine yesterday, but today i can't download anything anymore. not even the XBox app....