Windows 10: I Can't Download Zip files

Discus and support I Can't Download Zip files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I also cannot edit any of my files. I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin. I want to get a web page up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crito9t, Oct 30, 2016.

1. crito9t Win User

I Can't Download Zip files

I also cannot edit any of my files.

I get messages saying I have to have Admin permissions. I am the Admin.

I want to get a web page up and running but if I can't edit files and download zips I'm screwed.

Anybody know how fix this? I hate to think I paid $800 for a computer just to check email.

Thank, Brian

:)

crito9t, Oct 30, 2016
  2. IrishDJ Win User

zip file

I'm trying to download a media recovery file for a Dell Laptop to my PC using windows 10, yet after downloading the zip file it won't open and says it's invalid. I followed all the instructions and file explorer is my default on zip. I've done it 3 times
    and still can't open. I moved it to the desktop, to the download file, and still nothing. Other zip files seem to open fine. If I can't open the file, I can't get my laptop up and going. I didn't receive a recovery disc when I purchased it and Dell only
    offers downloading a zip file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IrishDJ, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Unable to unzip a file on Windows 10

Old title: Zipped text

How do I extract a zipped file? I have already download win zip soft ware. But can't make it work.

WaynePowley, Oct 30, 2016
  4. crito9t Win User

Well I found work arounds for both of them. It's a pain in the ass but it gets me what I want.

I'll ask again. Why can't I directly edit a file on my C drive? My searches show that this has been a problem (although some people claim it is a security feature) since Windows 7. Somebody on this forum must know.

crito9t, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

1. I Can't Download Zip files - Similar Threads - Can't Download Zip

2. Can't open downloaded zip files, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open downloaded zip files, Windows 11: Hello, I have Windows 11 and when I download multiple files such as files from an email attachment, and they download as a zip file, I can't open them, move them or save them. I have to download multiple files one by one and it's an incredibly tedious, time consuming process....
  3. Can't open downloaded zip files, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open downloaded zip files, Windows 11: Hello, I have Windows 11 and when I download multiple files such as files from an email attachment, and they download as a zip file, I can't open them, move them or save them. I have to download multiple files one by one and it's an incredibly tedious, time consuming process....
  4. Can't open downloaded zip files, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?: As you se in the image the files are supposed to be zip files but aren't zip files for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-download-zip-files-it-doesnt/04720976-3dc2-4957-a487-53bfa8387696
  6. When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?

When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?: As you se in the image the files are supposed to be zip files but aren't zip files for some reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-download-zip-files-it-doesnt/04720976-3dc2-4957-a487-53bfa8387696
  7. When I try to download zip files it doesn't download as zip files, how can I fix this?

8. Downloading a zip file

Downloading a zip file: I purchased turbo tax online and keep getting the error below while trying to install it, what should I do? Thank You! could not write value DefaultTokenId to key...
  9. Cannot download zip files

Cannot download zip files: Cannot download .zip files, click on them brings up a blank page. 50775
  10. Zip file downloads.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Zip file downloads.: I have been struggling with tweaking my newly restored Win 10. Nearly every set of instructions that I follow is wrong. I am continuously downloading the same program repeatedly. I am doing tasks two or three times before it fully responds. It can't be just me. To...