Windows 10: I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list.

Discus and support I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We can't edit documents(excel,word),when someone open them Through sharepoint list. This message appears when someone click the "edit" in Excel or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrik Tóth, Apr 10, 2019.

1. I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list.

We can't edit documents(excel,word),when someone open them Through sharepoint list. This message appears when someone click the "edit" in Excel or Word.

I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list. 59b8c1a0-d6f1-492b-9a70-b4c6ef9b02bc?upload=true.png

This means: We cannot connect to the server. If the error persists,contact your helpdesk.

It Works with edge,but didnt't work with chrome or Firefox, We are using internet explorer for work. I am using office standard 2013, but we have the same problem with other versions.

:)

Patrik Tóth, Apr 10, 2019

2. Cannot open Word document sharepoint 2010

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to open Word document using SharePoint 2010 from Internet Explorer. If the issue is with Word only then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open a blank word document.
    • Click on File on the top left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Click on Trust center.
    • On the right side, click on Trust center settings.
    • From the left drop down list, click on protected view
      and uncheck all the selected options on the right side. For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot provided below.

I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list. 5a25b44f-d25d-48f1-ba3f-0337ab936c94.png

• Click on OK.
    • Now try to open Word document and see if it helps.

Do get back to us with the status of the issue. If you need further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Apr 10, 2019
  4. [ Pete ] Win User

I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list.

add or edit item to sharepoint list #office365

I have an O365 account attached to my phone as well (a P1 plan, but should work the same way).

Yes, it is possible to edit (in a rudimentary fashion) documents. You just need to view the document on the phone and hit the little pencil (edit) icon. After you've made your changes, hit the '...' and use 'Save'. This will save the changes back to the
    Sharepoint document.

What we're currently not able to do is copy documents to sharepoint (there's no "share" or "save to" location other than email or SkyDrive.

However, at a push, you can create a new Sharepoint document by viewing the list in a browser and copy/pasting content into it. I found that the document wouldn't accept content in the browser (Word Web App), but would do if I opened the (now existing)
    document in sharepoint and edited using the phone's Word app.

It's a pain, it's clunky, but it does work in a limited fashion.

I also wish it worked better as well.

If it's any consolation, it's worse on a Surface as it forces you to do everything through IE (no built-in support for Sharepoint at all).

[ Pete ], Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list.

1. I can't edit documents(excel,word,),when i am open them Through sharepoint list. - Similar Threads - can't edit documents

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Listing document folders instead of "documents" when I want to open a word doc.: I have Windows 10. When I want to open a document in word, I click "Open" and options come up - I use "Browse" The list that comes up under "This PC" has a label "documents" but I want the list togo straight to the names of the different folders. This was the way I had it...
  6. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  7. my word and power point documents will not respond when I click to open them. I am using...

my word and power point documents will not respond when I click to open them. I am using...: my word and power point documents will not respond when I click to open them. I am using windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-word-and-power-point-documents-will-not-respond/81f0aad1-0035-4b8c-a921-c79597822e03"
  8. Signing a sharepoint's word document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing a sharepoint's word document: When I add my signature to the word document, the name of my certificate is not friendly ("Signed by:" field). [ATTACH] Is there any idea how can I change it? I tried through the MMC Management console to change the friendly name but still it's writing the legal...
  9. I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document

I can't copy data from Excel into a Word document: Last spring I needed to incorporate spreadsheet data in a Word 2016 document. Specifically, I tried to copy a row of numbers into a column in a table in the Word document. It failed. Then I copied those numbers into Notepad and arrayed them in a column. I was able to copy...
  10. When I open MS Word documents

When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am unable to edit word document on sharepoint

2. user cannot edit office 365 word document uploaded on sharepoint 2010