Windows 10: I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

Discus and support I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have some mp4 clips and I usually try to add the metadata to the file by using the Detail tab in File Properties, but there are some mp4 video clips... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by notafanofdcs, Oct 24, 2021.

1. I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

I have some mp4 clips and I usually try to add the metadata to the file by using the Detail tab in File Properties, but there are some mp4 video clips that don't seem to allow me to do so. I couldn't even click on the sections, it just highlights the section but doesn't show it is editable. picture below. Have anyone has this experience before? Please help and thank you I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10 :D

:)

notafanofdcs, Oct 24, 2021
  2. jld4444 Win User

Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files.

It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on audio files so that my 14,000+ audio files organize correctly for playlists, etc., and I like proper metadata on video files as good practice.

Audio files are largely .mp3, and video files are either .mp4 or .wmv.

I have tried Properties > Details on individual files in File Explorer and several tag/metadata editors that have worked great for years. Some tag editors will show the metadata/tags it allegedly saved, but when I go back to File Explorer
    they're not there. I have also ensured that the same metadata/tag categories I edited in tag editors display in File Explorer.

I've also tried some suggestions from forums:

• Making sure proper permissions are granted
    • Ensuring I'm signed in to Microsoft
    • Copying a file and trying to edit the copy's metadata/tags
    • Copying the files to new and existing other folders and trying to edit
    • Ensuring the files are not read-only

Any ideas on what could have made the metadata/tags uneditable all of a sudden, and more importantly how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

jld4444, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Can't edit video metadata in Windows 10

Hi,

I just got a new phone and when I transferred all my old photos and videos over the metadata times were screwed up. I like things in order so I can see when it all happened, so I was able to edit the photos' dates in "Properties," but when I try to edit
    videos I get the following message:

"An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to this file. If you continue to see this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.

Error 0xC00D3E8E: The Property is read only."

However, the video I'm trying to edit is not checked as read only so I don't know why it's saying this. I've tried numerous software to try to edit video metadata with no luck. If anyone has a way around this, please offer suggestions.

Haleym0006, Oct 24, 2021
  4. Rohit_R Win User

I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

Can't edit video metadata in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It could be because of the folders permission, you are unable to change the metadata of the videos.

You can try to copy-paste the videos on a different folder and then try to change their metadata.

Also, try to change the ownership of the file and then try to edit the metadata.

Follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the video file, click
    Properties, and then click the Security tab.

2. Click the
    Advanced button. The Advanced Security Settings window will appear. Here you need to change the Owner of the video file.

3. Click the Change link next to the
    Owner: label.

4. The
    Select User or Group window will appear and type your user account in the area which says 'Enter the object name to select' and click
    OK.

Hope it helps.

Please get back to us with the results.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

1. I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - can't edit Video

2. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10: Hello,I have downloaded several YouTube videos and I have them stored on an external hard drive. I would like to organize them a little better by editing their tags, genres, and ratings. However, when I go into the properties and edit these categories, I will get the pop-up...
  3. I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10: I have some mp4 clips and I usually try to add the metadata to the file by using the Detail tab in File Properties, but there are some mp4 video clips that don't seem to allow me to do so. I couldn't even click on the sections, it just highlights the section but doesn't show...
  4. I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit some Video clip metadata in Windows 10: I have some mp4 clips and I usually try to add the metadata to the file by using the Detail tab in File Properties, but there are some mp4 video clips that don't seem to allow me to do so. I couldn't even click on the sections, it just highlights the section but doesn't show...
  5. Win 10 Video Editor when I edit a clip the clip loses all video and has a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Video Editor when I edit a clip the clip loses all video and has a black screen: Tried the answer in this thread - Video Editor - Videos showing up black with only audio on storyboard did not work. still video showing black....
  6. Edit Folder Metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edit Folder Metadata: Hi, How do I edit folder metadata in Windows 10? There are a lot of metadata columns that could be used to display valuable information in windows explorer about a folder (author, title, genre, tags, comments, etc...). How do I edit that information? submitted by...
  7. Why can i edit some videos with the Movies and TV Shows program and can't edit some other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can i edit some videos with the Movies and TV Shows program and can't edit some other...: I am able to edit some videos with the program but not other videos, why? I want to edit a few videos but i can't. submitted by /u/InfernoImpreza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4e2q1/why_can_i_edit_some_videos_with_the_movies_and_tv/
  8. How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your photo or video doesn’t have the proper metadata, you can add or edit them in Windows 10. Here is how to add Metadata […] This article How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files. It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on...
  10. Can't edit video metadata in Windows 10

Can't edit video metadata in Windows 10: Hi, I just got a new phone and when I transferred all my old photos and videos over the metadata times were screwed up. I like things in order so I can see when it all happened, so I was able to edit the photos' dates in "Properties," but when I try to edit videos I get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mp4 properties read only