Windows 10: I cant edit WindowsApp

Discus and support I cant edit WindowsApp in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Damel_441, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Damel_441 Win User

I cant edit WindowsApp

i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still cant edit.

:)

Damel_441, Dec 1, 2022

2. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2022
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Dec 1, 2022
  4. I cant edit WindowsApp

Trying to delete files in WindowsApps and it wants permission from "Administrators"

Hi Greg,

Thank you for getting involved.

I have checked that I am an Administrator. Using your steps, I am listed as Administrator under the Account name and email address.

I have also used the registry script on the linked site and used the shortcut to take ownership of the WindowsApps folder. Unfortunately this has not solved the issues. I then also tried the same shortcut on several folders within WindowsApps so that it was performed closer to the target files, without any luck.

Other suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

MattHazelton, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

I cant edit WindowsApp

1. I cant edit WindowsApp - Similar Threads - cant edit WindowsApp

2. Need help editing WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help editing WindowsApps folder: Ive taken ownership of this folder and i can go in the folder but when i try dropping new stuff into the game i want it doesnt let me it says i have no ownership of it....
  3. I cant edit WindowsApp

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cant edit WindowsApp: i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still cant edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-windowsapp/d7c2a42e-774b-498a-9a87-12902eabd48f
  4. I cant edit WindowsApp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant edit WindowsApp: i need to edit this folder to play this game which is giving me very low fps and a fps cap ive tried everything i gave myself ownership but i still cant edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-edit-windowsapp/d7c2a42e-774b-498a-9a87-12902eabd48f
  5. cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant edit WindowsApps no matter what: alright so, ive been trying to rename the WindowsApps folder in my sd card D: drive but it wont let me, it says i need permission from "everyone" to do soso i went into the properties to change the owner but it says "Unable to display current owner."if i try to click change,...
  6. cant edit WindowsApps no matter what

cant edit WindowsApps no matter what: alright so, ive been trying to rename the WindowsApps folder in my sd card D: drive but it wont let me, it says i need permission from "everyone" to do soso i went into the properties to change the owner but it says "Unable to display current owner."if i try to click change,...
  7. Can't edit anything in WindowsApps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't edit anything in WindowsApps?: I've tried everything that I can, safe mode, change permissions, but it just won't let me edit anything in there, even if I'm just doing a settings adjustment for Fallout 4...
  8. Editing/Creating files in WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Editing/Creating files in WindowsApps: Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with a not the folder WindowsApps folder: every time I try to copy and paste files from a folder in WindowsApps to another it tells me that I don't have the permissions to perform this action, even being an administrator. In the WindowsApps...
  9. How to edit file in Windowsapps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to edit file in Windowsapps: Hello. I want to edit a simple .json file in Windowsapps directory and I am not able to do so far. So far I have tried: 1) Setting ownership to myself and editing the file: Result: after setting ownership to myself I still get error: "You need permission to perform this...
  10. Editing WindowsApps Contents?

Editing WindowsApps Contents?: So, I recently downloaded World of Tanks Blitz, and I've been looking forward to modding it, however, the files, contained in the WindowsApps folder present a 'access denied' warning whenever I try to edit them (even when trying as an admin). I have heard of a method using...