Windows 10: i can't eject my hard disk?

Discus and support i can't eject my hard disk? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it keeps telling me that it is still in use even though i've closed all running programs. has happened constantly and every time i need to eject it i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imhereforthestoicism, Mar 25, 2020.

1. i can't eject my hard disk?

it keeps telling me that it is still in use even though i've closed all running programs. has happened constantly and every time i need to eject it i use the "diskpart" command. what could be the issue and is it okay if i continue doing this?

submitted by /u/imhereforthestoicism
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imhereforthestoicism, Mar 25, 2020

2. disk eject

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The eject option is still available in Windows 10. Are you referring to DVD drive or USB drive?

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Get back with updated status. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Mar 25, 2020
  3. An error occurred while ejecting 'Removeable Disk (E)'

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 and my optical disk (DVD drive) will no longer eject when I select the 'eject' function from the pop-up menu. When I select 'eject', I get the error message listed in the subject line. I've uninstalled the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    and the DVD device itself - shut down the PC and then rebooted. I still get the same error message. The optical drive is model hp DVDWBD TS-LB23L. When I do Properties on the drive, it states the drive is working properly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Neal O'Connor, Mar 25, 2020
  4. i can't eject my hard disk?

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

i can't eject my hard disk?

1. i can't eject my hard disk? - Similar Threads - can't eject hard

2. Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use: Why doesn't the laptop want to eject external drives / USBs and keeps saying they are in use even though i just plugged them in? Is there a way to eject them safely that does not require me to shutdown the laptop or turn off the antivirus?...
  3. Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't eject External Hard Disk because it is in use: Why doesn't the laptop want to eject external drives / USBs and keeps saying they are in use even though i just plugged them in? Is there a way to eject them safely that does not require me to shutdown the laptop or turn off the antivirus?...
  4. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  5. Can't eject my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't eject my external hard drive: Hi , I just bought a new computer and I found a weird error . It has windows 11 pro install and I have the latest version .I have a lot of usb port , and two in the front . One work but the other can't eject my external hard drive . Let me explain . On the second usb port ,...
  6. Can't eject external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't eject external hard drive: When I try to eject my external hard drive I get the message "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." There are no programs using the device in fact, I've restarted the computer 3 times since I got...
  7. Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to safely eject usb3 hard disk: hi guys, version 1909 18363.900 so i have the "better performance" option enabled for my hard disk but recently there's no way i can just click eject and remove the hard disk, it's happening ALL the time. I went into event viewer and it seems to be process 6164,...
  8. Problem ejecting hard disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem ejecting hard disk: Hi I have been using my laptop for 2 years now And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer But recently when I plugged in my hard disk and after using it when I clicked on eject This message poped up The...
  9. Problem ejecting hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem ejecting hard disk: Hi I have been using my laptop for 2 years now And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer But recently when I plugged in my hard disk and after using it when I clicked on eject This message poped up The...
  10. Can't eject external hard drive!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't eject external hard drive!: Hi, I have a recent issue that when I tried to safely eject external hard drive an error message appear as below: '\Device\Harddiskvolume2\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAMAgent.exe' is preventing this device from being stopped... I wonder how to fix this issue? Thanks...