Windows 10: I can't enable Cortana

Discus and support I can't enable Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,I have tried the following to get Cortana to work 1uninstalled and reinstalled Cortana2 ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth3 ran sfc... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by srbuckeye, Aug 29, 2021.

1. srbuckeye Win User

I can't enable Cortana

Hi,I have tried the following to get Cortana to work 1uninstalled and reinstalled Cortana2 ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth3 ran sfc /scannowStill, I get “Cortana is disabled, To use Cortana, you need to get permission your administrator“ error.There is no AllowCortana key in the registry to change and in Settings, I have to go to Apps for Cortana. Also, there is no permissions in the Cortana app. I have even tried to fix access control entries. What else can I do?Thanks,srbuckeye

:)

srbuckeye, Aug 29, 2021
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 29, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to enable Hey Cortana on Android

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

By default, Hey Cortana feature is turned off unless you activate it. Kindly follow the steps below to enable the feature.

• Launch the Cortana app on your Android device.
    • Click on the Menu.
    • Click on Hey Cortana.
    • Toggle the switch to position On for
      From the Cortana app

The Hey Cortana feature will not work when the phone is in standby mode, however you can follow the steps mentioned in the article below to enable Cortana on lock screen.

Getting started with Cortana

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 29, 2021
  4. I can't enable Cortana

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 29, 2021
Thema:

I can't enable Cortana

1. I can't enable Cortana - Similar Threads - can't enable Cortana

2. Enable Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Enable Hey Cortana: Dear Community I just purchased a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Updated as below. I am based in India where Cortana is supposed to work. Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 Installed on: 22nd Oct, 2020 OS build: 19042.572 I am unable to get "Hey Cortana"...
  3. I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.

in Cortana
    I don't have all Cortana settings and i can't enable Cortana.: Hello, I don't have all my Cortana settings in Windows Settings and even in Task Bar. I would like to enable Cortana but I can't. My region settings are in the United States. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Any help! Thank you so much!...
  4. Can't enable Cortana shortcut in Taskbar, can't enable it at all. What can I do? (I just...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't enable Cortana shortcut in Taskbar, can't enable it at all. What can I do? (I just...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GeorgianehR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv9kki/cant_enable_cortana_shortcut_in_taskbar_cant/
  5. i cant enable cortana

in Cortana
    i cant enable cortana: hi I have a problem with cortana I can't enable it because something is wrong, I don't even have options button in searching bar like others and I cant enable it... Is there a way to enable it with another metod, or change searching window to this with settings? pls help me...
  6. My Cortana is Enabled Hey Cortana But I can't find an ICON anywhere, even in apps?

in Cortana
    My Cortana is Enabled Hey Cortana But I can't find an ICON anywhere, even in apps?: Hello: I am unable to find the Cortana icon anywhere, even in applications. I can say "Hey Cortana" and it brings it up, but why no icon? Thanks, Rich Locus...
  7. enable Cortana

in Cortana
    enable Cortana: I cannot get Cortana to change and open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-cortana/ea55e2d4-433c-4259-95f6-07586c39d704"
  8. Can't enable "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Can't enable "Hey Cortana": Hello, I want to enable "Hey Cortana". When I go to the setting and click 1. Check Microphone - It opens up the Cortana search window [IMG] 2. I try to turn on the Hey Cortana - toggle, it toggles back to off. 3. I tried to Troubleshoot the microphone and it didn't...
  9. Enabling Cortana

in Cortana
    Enabling Cortana: hi there, i disabled cortana when i installed my os and now i want to enable her. the cortana icon is still in the start menu and when i clink it it just takes me to the search bar i have looked around and followed some pre-existing guides with no luck i am running 10 pro...
  10. Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable Location, to get Cortana to work?: Hi, I was hoping this would get fixed, as I'm assuming its a bug. However, few months into use and its still not working - so thought I'd give here a go *Smile Cortana complains that it needs access to my location to work (really not sure why!) So, going into Location...