Windows 10: I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons

Discus and support I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Control Panel, > Devices and Printers, after I right click on the computer icon, and select "Device Installation Settings", I cannot select "Yes, do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorcom, Jun 22, 2020.

1. dorcom Win User

I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons

In Control Panel, > Devices and Printers, after I right click on the computer icon, and select "Device Installation Settings", I cannot select "Yes, do this automatically", because it is unavailable, grayed out.
    I can't downloading manufacturers' apps and icons.

I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons [​IMG]

Anyone know why?
    Anyone know where and what the relevant settings are in the registry, GP editor?
    Sifted all Sunday through all relevant posts here but nothing that gets it to work again.

:)

dorcom, Jun 22, 2020

2. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Jun 22, 2020
  3. KatrineCY Win User
    download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Jun 22, 2020
  4. I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons

app icons

For this issue, it is possible that the drop shadow of the desktop icon labels is enabled. We suggest that you follow these steps to disable this feature:

• Right-click This PC in File Explorer, and choose
      Properties.
    • Choose Advanced system settings.
    • Click Settings in Performance.
    • In Visual Effects settings, deselect Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop, and then tap
      OK.

About the issue with the Start menu, we suggest that you run the
    Start menu troubleshooter
    . After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Aileen Alf, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons

1. I can't enable downloading manufacturers' apps and icons - Similar Threads - can't enable downloading

2. Why can't I download apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I download apps?: I've been trying since yesterday to download some apps but, whenever I try to, a message pops up saying to try again later because something happened on your end. Please help!...
  3. I can't download apps on the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  4. I can't download apps on the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download apps on the store: I'm trying to download the Netflix app and hulu and both just don't ever download. It just get hung up. I've tried all the other things other post have said event he PS command. Please help....
  5. Why Can't I download apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Can't I download apps?: I bought a new computer for my mother-in-law today. I've been trying for hours to download apps for the microsoft store. It's extremely frustrating I keep getting this error message with no clear direction. 0x80072EFE Im heading out of town tomorrow night and need this...
  6. Why Can't I download apps?

Why Can't I download apps?: I bought a new computer for my mother-in-law today. I've been trying for hours to download apps for the microsoft store. It's extremely frustrating I keep getting this error message with no clear direction. 0x80072EFE Im heading out of town tomorrow night and need this...
  7. I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon: How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-directory-of-the-downloads-icon/17e89af0-00a6-4461-83d3-3005b7d25a00
  8. I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon

I can't change the directory of the Downloads icon: How do I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-directory-of-the-downloads-icon/17e89af0-00a6-4461-83d3-3005b7d25a00
  9. I can't download any Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't download any Apps: I can't download any programs, or think they're called Apps now. I only bought my new laptop recently and nobody else has used it. Everything else is working on it, but when i try to download apps, a box appears that says: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your...
  10. Why can't I download apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I download apps?: I just recently bought a computer that came with Windows 10 preinstalled however when I try to download apps such as origin, I get the message that the files msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll is missing. I have tried to reinstall the visual c++ redistributable for visual...