Windows 10: i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off"

Discus and support i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so, i tried enabling the .net framework service so that i can install it but when i click ok, this happens: [ATTACH] pls help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoldenWood909, May 4, 2020.

1. i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off"

so, i tried enabling the .net framework service so that i can install it but when i click ok, this happens:

i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off" 455a5102-5a1d-4ef8-8795-8d380f7106a6?upload=true.png

pls help

:)

GoldenWood909, May 4, 2020

2. windows media features

Disabling and enabling Windows Media feature is another way of uninstalling and reinstalling the feature. You can try to disable and then enable the Media feature and see if it works. Please follow the steps below:

• Search for Control Panel on the Search bar.
    • Click on Programs, and go to Programs and Features.
    • Select Turn Windows features On or Off.
    • Uncheck the Media Feature box to disable the Media Features.
    • Hit OK to complete.
    • Go through the same process, but check the Media Feature box to enable the Media Features again.

Keep us posted with the result.

Kerwin Lee, May 4, 2020
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    manage optional features

Hi Alicia,

There could be a setting that has been configured to open the Manage optional features automatically. We'd like to know a few things so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is Manage optional features popping up right after you turn on your computer or while using it?
    • Are you trying to disable the Manage optional features completely?

If you're trying to disable any of the optional features, here are the steps on how to do it :

• Go to Control Panel and click on Programs.
    • Click on the Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On Windows Features, select the feature(s) that you want to enable or disable and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer as the wizard says to complete the task.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, May 4, 2020
  4. Polarman Win User

i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off"

What Windows features you turn off?

We all know that Windows (XP, Vista or 7) has many features bundled within. Some of them are neat but a lot is really not necessary.

Making Windows lean and mean is what most of us look for. I'm not talking about Vlited barebone install here.

Basicaly, it's a fresh install followed by some tweaking and turning off some unwanted features.

For my part, this is what i turn off:

Indexing
    Built-in Defrag
    Error Reporting
    Remote Assistance
    System Restore
    Hibernation
    Gadget Sidebar
    Welcome center
    Sound sheme

Except for XPS Viewer, everything else is turned off in "Windows Features" in the uninstall section of Vista.

This is not counting some disabled services.

So what do you have turned off?

Polarman, May 4, 2020
Thema:

i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off"

1. i cant enable or disable features on "Turn Windows Features on or off" - Similar Threads - cant enable disable

2. i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...: this is about windows features turn on or off. i tried to turn off some features but when i restart my pc that not working what to do now I still facing this problem...
  3. i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i used the windows features turn on or off but now i tried to turn off some features and...: this is about windows features turn on or off. i tried to turn off some features but when i restart my pc that not working what to do now I still facing this problem...
  4. Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable turn Windows features on or off.: Computer is updated to version 21H1, the connected printer cannot use it.According to Microsoft's recommendation to remove Pat update in turn windows features on or off page.Because there is no button to uninstall as shown in the attached picture. How can I fix it?...
  5. Turn Windows Features on or off?

Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  6. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  7. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  8. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  9. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  10. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn windows features on or off cant click

2. i cant disable windows feature

3. enable or disable features windows 2016