Windows 10: I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

Discus and support I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; whenever i try to go on folder options and enable "show recently used files in Quick Access" and click apply, it won't show and when i go on Folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Isaiah Morales, Jun 27, 2022.

1. I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

whenever i try to go on folder options and enable "show recently used files in Quick Access" and click apply, it won't show and when i go on Folder Options, it was disabled. i don't know why but please help

:)

Isaiah Morales, Jun 27, 2022

2. Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to accessing recent items that you have accessed on your PC.

Usually, when you access a file or folder on your PC it shows in the Quick Access menu as recent files.

However, if you are looking for the most recent files that you have accessed from the PC then the simplest way is to access the recent items using the run command.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for
      Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      shell:recent
      and hit Enter.

This will open a window with all the recent items that you have accessed. You can also pin this folder in the Quick Access menu so that it will be easier for you to access once again.

Kindly follow the steps to pin the recent items on the Quick Access menu.

1. Right click on the Quick Access menu on the left hand pane.
    2. Select Pin current folder to Quick access.

Once you pin the folder you should be able to access the recent items. Refer the screenshot for more information.

I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i... 1781d25f-24ba-4efc-a9ec-e4f310143276?upload=true.png

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

1. I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i... - Similar Threads - can't enable Recent

2. I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable "Recent files" list on the quick access folder, it disable itself when i...: whenever i try to go on folder options and enable "show recently used files in Quick Access" and click apply, it won't show and when i go on Folder Options, it was disabled. i don't know why but please help...
  3. Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows deletes my FILE EXPLORER Quick Access folder list and Recent Files list: In the last 6 months Windows has, on three or four occasions, deleted both my FILE EXPLORER 'Quick Access' folder list and 'Recent Files' list. Why does this happen, and how can I stop it? It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is very frustrating - and so...
  4. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List: My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its...
  5. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  6. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  7. Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent: Hello, The recent folders have disappeared from my quick access menu. I came across some threads that explain how to restore the recent folders shortcut to the quick access menu - this worked. However, before it disappeared, there was a list of the 4 most recent folders...
  8. Quick Access - 'Show recently used files' setting disables itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - 'Show recently used files' setting disables itself: Hi, I've got a pretty simple bug, I'm hoping it's been had before and there's a solution out there somewhere as Google got nothing. I noticed that none of my programs were getting the 'Recent files' jump list and went hunting for an applicable setting, so most important...
  9. Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving a file to a folder listed in "Quick Access": When I download a pdf file (A billing statement in this case), I would like to select "Save As" and be able to select the folder directly from one of the folders shown in Quick Access that is shown in File Explorer without having to rummage through all the folders on my three...
  10. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...