Windows 10: i can't enable VT-X

Discus and support i can't enable VT-X in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello. I'd like to know how to turn on Intel VT-X on my computer. HP Compaq 6300 Pro SFFWhich causes me to not running a virtual box. My OS : Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hei-jaja, May 22, 2022.

1. hei-jaja Win User

i can't enable VT-X

Hello. I'd like to know how to turn on Intel VT-X on my computer. HP Compaq 6300 Pro SFFWhich causes me to not running a virtual box. My OS : Windows 10 Pro. Virtual Box OS : Tiny 10.My BIOS are Aptio Setup Utility Version ???? .Thanks in advance!

:)

hei-jaja, May 22, 2022
  2. hieurock Win User

Intel VT-x Enable?

I am unable to find anything with Intel Virtual Technology anywhere in the BIOS. I guess the only step is to update my BIOS, but I heard that is very risky. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x?

I have access to my graphics settings but I don't know if that will help.
    i can't enable VT-X [​IMG]

hieurock, May 22, 2022
  3. n8te Win User
    VT-x is not available, but is enabled in BIOS

There are three common culprits for the type of error the user is seeing:

• VT-x is not enabled in the BIOS
    • The CPU doesn't support VT-x
    • Hyper-V virtualization is enabled in Windows

Since the user already eliminated the first two possible culprits, the next step is to open a command prompt as administrator and run the following command:

Afterwards, reboot the PC and try VirtualBox again.

4. hieurock Win User

i can't enable VT-X

Intel VT-x Enable?

I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any alternate way I can turn it on. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 and it is running on Windows 10.
    i can't enable VT-X [​IMG]

hieurock, May 22, 2022
Thema:

i can't enable VT-X

1. i can't enable VT-X - Similar Threads - can't enable

2. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  3. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}: I'm trying to upgrade to windows 11. I went down the checklist and enabled Secure boot as well as TPM 2.0 in my computers BIOS and tried updating it gave me the 0x80070643 error code. Realized this is related to reagentc and followed a tutorial online to enable it. It doesn't...
  4. Can't get Reagentc to Enable despite going through all the necessary steps {KB5034441}

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  6. After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...

After updating my windows, Bit Locker was automatically enabled. Now I can't sign in...: I have updated my laptop, and BitLocker was somehow enabled Maybe the update contains a FirmWare update too. From the other forums and help articles, I found one must disable or back up the recovery key before updating the OS. But why didn't the OS show any prompt to the user...
  7. My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot: What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-start-correctly-and-keeps-restarting/b643ab73-a523-4d98-b297-f62a61e70d8e
  8. My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot: What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-cant-start-correctly-and-keeps-restarting/b643ab73-a523-4d98-b297-f62a61e70d8e
  9. My PC can't start correctly and keeps restarting after I enabled all processors on boot

10. Can't enable recovery partition after conversion to GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enable recovery partition after conversion to GPT: Converted to gpt UEFI, got an error "failed to update reagent.xml, please try to manually disable and enable winre".Can't enable it, first because it couldn't find files, then I extracted winre.wim out of a fresh installation .iso and put it in C:\Windows\System32\Recovery...