Windows 10: I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password.

Discus and support I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After doing another required necessary device addition option my laptop windows 10 said my pin was invalid. Tried to get a reset code but now when I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SILASLESTER, Nov 7, 2020.

1. I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password.

After doing another required necessary device addition option my laptop windows 10

said my pin was invalid. Tried to get a reset code but now when I try to enter the

last four of my cell phone number, it won't let me enter the numbers. Numeric keypad or

regular numbers doesn't matter.

:)

SILASLESTER, Nov 7, 2020
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Nov 7, 2020
  3. syker Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

i have read several forums that say that you cant block any cell numbers on any given plan. that is not true. i have US Cellular (crappy, but effective). i can go into security and block numbers that arent in my contact list. can i get ways for Verizon, T-Mobile, so on?

syker, Nov 7, 2020
  4. I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password.

Difficulty resetting password after cell phone replacement with new phone number

Why is it so difficult to reset a password? Humans make mistakes and humans lose cell phones and humans acquire new

cell phone numbers.

HELP

HELP

HELP

gretchenfidler, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password.

1. I can't enter the last four of my cell phone number to get a reset code for my logon password. - Similar Threads - can't enter last

2. Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...: Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code-i-have-enter-the/733c1f5a-f929-4eec-9fe2-13f9560eb1c9
  3. Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...: Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code-i-have-enter-the/733c1f5a-f929-4eec-9fe2-13f9560eb1c9
  4. I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...

I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I have all the info it needs* Changed to a question* Original title: Cell phone...
  5. I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I...: I’m trying to Change my cell phone number but don’t have access to my old phone number. I have all the info it needs* Changed to a question* Original title: Cell phone...
  6. Can't get code to verify phone number.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get code to verify phone number.: I want to add my phone number to my Microsoft account.My region is Vietnam +84 I enter my phone number here. But when I enter my phone number and click next, I can't get any verify code sent to my phone. What is happening?...
  7. Can't get code to verify phone number.

Can't get code to verify phone number.: I want to add my phone number to my Microsoft account.My region is Vietnam +84 I enter my phone number here. But when I enter my phone number and click next, I can't get any verify code sent to my phone. What is happening?...
  8. How do I reset my password if I changed my phone number

How do I reset my password if I changed my phone number: I went to sign into my business e-mail but I couldn't remember my password so I went to reset it but I forgot that I got a new phone and with that new phone a new phone number and I no longer have the old phone so how do I reset my password...
  9. How do I reset my password if I changed my phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I reset my password if I changed my phone number: I went to sign into my business e-mail but I couldn't remember my password so I went to reset it but I forgot that I got a new phone and with that new phone a new phone number and I no longer have the old phone so how do I reset my password...
  10. How do I reset my password if I changed my phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming