Windows 10: I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

Discus and support I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NEMAJEFF [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NEMAJEFF, Aug 3, 2020.

1. I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

/u/NEMAJEFF, Aug 3, 2020
  2. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage. [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Aug 3, 2020
  3. How do I transfer empty space from (DI can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage. :) to (CI can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage. :)?

You can't transfer empty space from one disk to another disk. You can however use that free space by replacing C with D for example, if you are installing a program, when you are asked for the location where you want to install the new program just change C to D where it asks you what location to install to. You could also make a folder on the D drive called "D:\downloads" for file downloads or "D:\music" for music files, no quotes. Most programs or file downloads default install location is "C:\*****", so, just change the C to a D and that way you can get use of all that free space you have. I hope that makes sense to you.

mfmathis75, Aug 3, 2020
  4. websquad Win User

I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

How do I ensure a full backup prior to installation

I want to do a full backup of my drive "C" in the event I have to recover. I'm running Windows 7 Home now. I have a number of apps on it from both Microsoft and Adobe, and I can't afford to loose them if the upgrade to Windows 10 goes bad. Are these the correct steps:
    • Create a system image
    • Create a system repair disk
    • Copy all data file I can find from other hard disks (drives D, E, etc.)
    Is this all I need to do to have a high level of confidence in the update?

Thanks,
    Bob

websquad, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage.

1. I can't expand C, how do i do it? Is it necessary? Since D has pretty much all of the storage. - Similar Threads - can't expand necessary

2. How if i can do i fix an images resolution for pretty much anything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How if i can do i fix an images resolution for pretty much anything?: My school gives us outdated Lenovo Cor m3 8th gen Laptop to work with, and I'm a really big fan of Adventure Time, thus i wanted to have some of its Come Along With Me Series Finale art as my desktop background, problem is, even if i look at the photo in the app thats...
  3. How if i can do i fix an images resolution for pretty much anything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How if i can do i fix an images resolution for pretty much anything?: My school gives us outdated Lenovo Cor m3 8th gen Laptop to work with, and I'm a really big fan of Adventure Time, thus i wanted to have some of its Come Along With Me Series Finale art as my desktop background, problem is, even if i look at the photo in the app thats...
  4. Lot of BSOD's, pretty much all to do with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lot of BSOD's, pretty much all to do with ntoskrnl.exe: Since I built my computer 1 year ago I've beengetting a lot of BOD's, BUT I'M TALKING A LOT OFTHEM, there are weeks that I get a bsod everyday, thenthere are weeks that I don't get one, but if I use my pcfrequently for more than 3 days, it's almost certain that I'll get a...
  5. Lot of BSOD's, pretty much all to do with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lot of BSOD's, pretty much all to do with ntoskrnl.exe: Since I built my computer 1 year ago I've beengetting a lot of BOD's, BUT I'M TALKING A LOT OFTHEM, there are weeks that I get a bsod everyday, thenthere are weeks that I don't get one, but if I use my pcfrequently for more than 3 days, it's almost certain that I'll get a...
  6. Lot of BSOD's, pretty much all to do with ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I see how much storage is left

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I see how much storage is left: Hello, I just started my laptop after an update. When I open the explorer, the left bar is gone. I can't see how much storage is left. Is that intentional? Is there another way to see how much is left? submitted by /u/JoJa1312 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I change the file name D:\ to C:\ ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the file name D:\ to C:\ ?: I am trying to install a program from NOVA Development called Print Artist Platinum Edition. I keep getting the error Message, "D:\ Filename is invalid." How do I change the D:\ to C:\ ?...
  9. how do I have so much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I have so much storage?: [ATTACH] I searched for the maximum specifications on my laptop and the maximum storage hp provides with my laptop is around 240GB. My laptop model-HP Laptop 15g-dx0xxx I am using amd ryzen 5 2500u processor and radeon vega 8 graphics. If I am doing something that's...
  10. Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since the last update my screen has expanded beyone vewable area how do I fix?: My drivers are up to date. I have used the manufactures utilities to reduce the screen size that fix got my display to normal before. But NOW it will not work so my Start button, task bar is off screen. Resizing using any Windows 10 resolution changes or resizing all fail....