Windows 10: I cant extend my D volume wizard

Discus and support I cant extend my D volume wizard in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-extend-my-d-volume-wizard/d4d29c5d-16f8-4c34-8af6-fa0ee7f68456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, May 2, 2021.

1. I cant extend my D volume wizard

thanks!

:)

Windows Category - All, May 2, 2021
  2. James1093 Win User

Can't extend volume

Hi. I have a 500 GB drive with 2 partitions "D" and "E". OS is win10.
    Have been trying to use the Extend Volume Wizard combine them to one drive letter.
    But it won't work! I right click on "Extend Volume" and Next but there's nothing listed under Available or Selected and Next is greyed out. Its the same whether I start this on D or E.
    Is this what's meant to happen (nothing???) or have I missed something?

James1093, May 2, 2021
  3. James1093 Win User
    Can't extend volume

Great ... it's working and I've deleted the 450 partition. Now says Unallocated.
    Not sure what tool to use next, the win10 wizard or minitool. I was hoping to learn how to use the win10 wizard.
    If I r-click D now and Extend Volume, it shows the 449MB (why not 450?) under Selected. If I click Next will it add that to D ?

James1093, May 2, 2021
  4. trevo Win User

I cant extend my D volume wizard

Shrink One Volume and Extend Another

I tried doing it in disk management, shrunk the C partition and got unallocated space.
    However, when I right click on the D partition the Extend Volume is grayed out.
    Any suggestions?

trevo, May 2, 2021
Thema:

I cant extend my D volume wizard

1. I cant extend my D volume wizard - Similar Threads - cant extend volume

2. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  3. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk: Hi - I use Windows 10 and am trying to get more space on my C: drive to try and improve performance and more importantly prevent messages telling me there's not enough free space to do system updates etc... I'm following the instructions in this although confusingly this is...
  4. Extend Volume wizard tells me no available space on my D: disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i extend my C drive volume to D

How can i extend my C drive volume to D: I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive-volume-to-d/60806b96-dcc3-42e7-b0fa-c091cac59d7f
  6. How can i extend my C drive volume to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i extend my C drive volume to D: I am using Windows 10 and my C drive is almost full how can I extend the space to D so that I can install other apps to in my C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive-volume-to-d/60806b96-dcc3-42e7-b0fa-c091cac59d7f
  7. How can i extend my C drive volume to D

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I deleted my DATA D to extend my DATA C but for some reason i cant extend it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I deleted my DATA D to extend my DATA C but for some reason i cant extend it.: Now I have 400GB of free space. I tried to make a new simple volume to recreate my Data D but it is not working. It says that there is not enough space to complete this operation. How can I recreate my local drive D again?...
  9. I deleted my DATA D to extend my DATA C but for some reason i cant extend it.

I deleted my DATA D to extend my DATA C but for some reason i cant extend it.: Now I have 400GB of free space. I tried to make a new simple volume to recreate my Data D but it is not working. It says that there is not enough space to complete this operation. How can I recreate my local drive D again?...
  10. why i cant extend volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why i cant extend volume?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i-love-2pac-shakur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjc3ry/why_i_cant_extend_volume/