Windows 10: I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

Discus and support I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I choose troubleshoot, the reset option is not showing. What's the best way to reset my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kayla_330, May 26, 2024.

1. Kayla_330 Win User

I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

When I choose troubleshoot, the reset option is not showing. What's the best way to reset my laptop?

:)

Kayla_330, May 26, 2024

2. Strange Transient Icon Results From Entering Alt-F10

I am running Win 10/Pro x64 Ver. 20H2 19042.804 The 'second' profile applies to this post.

I'm configuring a 'new' machine and experiencing unexpected behavior when I enter Alt-F10. A small transient icon, a small black box with a blue thermometer and a number (I've seen 98 and 100) appears for 2-3 seconds in the upper left corner of the display. I captured it as a Screen Dump.

I first noticed it when I tried to enter Alt-F10, the command used to configure the file manager program, ZTreeWin. See attached image.

I subsequently determined that the same behavior applies when I enter Alt-F10 and the desktop is the only display. If I select F-10 alone the thermometer has an X below.

I am using a Logitech Ergo 860 wireless keyboard with a USB dongle installed in a blue USB 3.0 port.

The Ctrl-Alt-Del does open "Lock, Switch user, Sign out, Change a password, and Task Manager," so the Alt key is working

The F-10 key alone also opens almost the same transient Icon, a black box with a 'blue thermometer' with an X at the bottom.

I tried substituting an old PS/2 keyboard but it was not recognized. Perhaps this is because it lacked drivers?

The 3 attached images to show the 'icon' I'm talking about.

Can anyone suggest a way to get an 'honest' Alt-F10 from this keyboard? My searches suggest that MS call it an 'unassigned' function key.
    I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10 319185d1613447450t-strange-transient-icon-results-entering-alt-f10-fullscreendump_021521_resized.jpg

baumgrenze, May 26, 2024
  3. Windows will not boot after attempted factory reset

I have an acer laptop that as running really slow. I decided to do a factory reset since I didn't have any personal files on there. At resetting, it stopped at 85% and it said reset was unsuccefull but now all I get is the acer logo and then a black screen
    it will not boot up Windows . I tried rhe alt+F10 and it takes me to the reset options, by it won't reset and it won't take me back to winsdows either. Any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

MariaJSolis, May 26, 2024
  4. I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?

The process of resetting an Asus laptop to factory settings can vary depending on the model and operating system. However, here are the general steps you can follow:

1. Back up your important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage as resetting your laptop to factory settings will erase all data.
    2. Press the "F9" key repeatedly while the Asus laptop is booting up. This will take you to the recovery menu.
    3. Select "Restore factory settings" from the menu.
    4. Follow the prompts to confirm the reset process.
    5. Wait for the reset process to complete, which may take several minutes.
    6. Once the reset is complete, your Asus laptop will be restored to its original factory settings.

f9cb21d3-742a-4575-ad83-c3b69db8c106, May 26, 2024
Thema:

I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

1. I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10 - Similar Threads - can't factory reset

2. I can't factory reset my Laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset my Laptop windows 11: Hi, I'm currently having a problem that I cannot reset windows 11 to factory settings, I wanna delete all files and apps but for some reason when I do the reset process takes me to the UEFI blue screen and doesn't show the rest of the instructions, I did everything I could,...
  3. I can't factory reset my Laptop windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't factory reset my Laptop windows 11: Hi, I'm currently having a problem that I cannot reset windows 11 to factory settings, I wanna delete all files and apps but for some reason when I do the reset process takes me to the UEFI blue screen and doesn't show the rest of the instructions, I did everything I could,...
  4. I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10: When I choose troubleshoot, the reset option is not showing. What's the best way to reset my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop-with-altf10/595a877a-f5f1-4a1a-b144-39ef4de8e882
  5. I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10

I can't factory reset my laptop with Alt+F10: When I choose troubleshoot, the reset option is not showing. What's the best way to reset my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop-with-altf10/595a877a-f5f1-4a1a-b144-39ef4de8e882
  6. I can't factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't factory reset my laptop: I tried to do anything i found on here and on youtube, but it doesn't work. I have an acer laptop win10 and it just saves no changes were made whenever i try to reset...
  7. I can't factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset my laptop: I tried to do anything i found on here and on youtube, but it doesn't work. I have an acer laptop win10 and it just saves no changes were made whenever i try to reset...
  8. I can't factory reset my laptop

9. Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get to restore point (Alt + F10): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UNICORNDescending [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmnuew/cant_get_to_restore_point_alt_f10/
  10. I can't factory reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't factory reset my laptop.: So recently, I dual-booted my ASUS VivoBook F510UA so I could run Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a live USB. After one point when I removed the USB while the laptop was off, I turned on my laptop and encountered the blue screen of death. I cannot even boot into Windows 10 or...