Windows 10: I can't factory reset my laptop.

Discus and support I can't factory reset my laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently, I dual-booted my ASUS VivoBook F510UA so I could run Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a live USB. After one point when I removed the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicholasPro, Jul 21, 2018.

1. I can't factory reset my laptop.

So recently, I dual-booted my ASUS VivoBook F510UA so I could run Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a live USB. After one point when I removed the USB while the laptop was off, I turned on my laptop and encountered the blue screen of death. I cannot even boot into Windows 10 or reach the login screen. My laptop failed to repair itself, so I decided to just reset my laptop to factory settings to resolve everything.

So basically, I wanted to reset my laptop and I tried to reset my laptop to windows 10 but during the reset process, there was an error and no changes were made. Does anyone know how I can rest my laptop to factory settings?

PS I want to keep my windows 10, so would I be able to reset my laptop and keep windows 10?

:)

NicholasPro, Jul 21, 2018

2. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 21, 2018
  4. stanroy Win User

I can't factory reset my laptop.

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

I can't factory reset my laptop.

1. I can't factory reset my laptop. - Similar Threads - can't factory reset

2. I cant factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant factory reset my laptop: It will start to reset then says it not enough space it need 5 gigs when i go to delete stuff it says it is being used and i cant delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop/18404cd0-5519-41fd-b855-8ff4c8c33188
  3. I can't factory reset my laptop

I can't factory reset my laptop: I tried to do anything i found on here and on youtube, but it doesn't work. I have an acer laptop win10 and it just saves no changes were made whenever i try to reset...
  4. I can't factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't factory reset my laptop: I tried to do anything i found on here and on youtube, but it doesn't work. I have an acer laptop win10 and it just saves no changes were made whenever i try to reset...
  5. I can't factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't log into factory reset laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into factory reset laptop: I recently had to factory reset my laptop as it got stuck in an infinite loop, so I'm starting from fresh with none of my previous data. I'm trying to log back into my Microsoft account to use it as my user account on the laptop. I can log in fine, but then it asks me for...
  7. I can't factory reset my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't factory reset my computer: my C drive holds 30GB and is full, I have no files on the computer, all 30GB is made up of Intel, Microsoft and AVG, I wanted to factory reset my computer to get a normal disk drive. it says I can't reset my computer without freeing up 4GB, i'm running this computer as an...
  8. Factory Resetting my laptop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Factory Resetting my laptop?: The main issue is that my Lenovo laptop's speakers no longer work because a pseudo-IT Dude at my high school didn't actually know how to fix it and wound up using up even more space on my drive with who knows what. On top of that installed drivers that don't work. So:...
  9. I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start

I can't factory reset my laptop... Or even Fresh Start: For some reason it keeps saying "No changes were made." How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-factory-reset-my-laptop-or-even-fresh-start/e8cfdead-e4b7-45f0-8a68-ebd60f02bb82
  10. Factory reset my laptop

Factory reset my laptop: [IMG]Hey all, I factory reset my laptop because i was going to be selling it to my brother and i wanted eveeytbing cleared off of it. Well, when i went to get it all ready for my brother i figured out im in an endless loop. The computer is telling me that it needs an update...