Windows 10: I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft...

Discus and support I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; EDIT: I have been working on the issue a bit more - it seems like the problem specifically only impacts Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition now. I have tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GenericalUser, Jun 25, 2019.

1. I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft...

EDIT: I have been working on the issue a bit more - it seems like the problem specifically only impacts Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition now. I have tried installing several apps and games, and each would install just fine, with the exception being Minecraft. Now, it seems like it is no longer a broader Windows issue with the store as I thought, but some issue that only impacts Minecraft. Does anyone have any clues what could be preventing Minecraft from installing and causing the error 0x80070005?

I swear, I have tried just about every solution I could find. I can not seem to figure out how to get some games, such as Minecraft for Windows 10, to install from the store. It doesn't seem to happen to all apps, as I have been able to get some apps to install.

Every time, I get the error code 0x80070005.

I'm not sure what started the issue, but could it have something to do with me accidentally renaming a hard drive? It wasn't the main drive where the OS is installed, and I did perform a repair install, but I did accidentally rename a secondary drive, and I renamed it to something other than its original name since I do not recall the original name of the drive.

Anyways, here are the solutions I've tried:

- Reinstalling through powershell with this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

- Resetting the app in Windows settings

- Terminating the app in Windows settings

- Restarting my PC

- Repair install Windows 10

- Signing out and signing back in

- Creating a new user with a different Microsoft Account and installing there

- Updating to version 1903 (May 2019 update) from 1809

- I can't remember exactly every solution I have tried, I have tried just about every single one I've found.

New solutions I've tried since:

- deleted files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

then restarted PC

- tried running troubleshooter/diagnostic tool, then running wsreset.exe and restart pc

- tried removing devices (I only used five devices out of the ten available slots, so this didn't help sadly)

I do not want to reset my computer and deal with reinstalling apps, backing up files, etc.

:)

GenericalUser, Jun 25, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with redeeming code for Minecraft Beta Edition.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with
    redeeming a code for Minecraft Beta Edition app on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if the code is not redeemed properly or it is already redeemed.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "redeem my Minecraft Beta edition", how exactly have you tried to redeem the code?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about redeeming the code and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learn-gift-card

Please get back to us with an update on issue with redeeming code for
    Minecraft Beta Edition app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Minecraft beta edition

Hi Diane,

I realize that you are facing issues with the game Minecraft beta edition. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• When you say “can't play with friends online”, do you get any error message?

• Is the issue specific to this game?

• Which browser are you using on the PC?
    Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta FAQ: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games...ion-beta-faq#8e117fb0763941ca9a388ee8162ad65b

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 25, 2019
  4. LeonLaude Win User

I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft...

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition code already reedemed

Hi,

Are you sure you're logging into the Windows Store with the account that you redeemed the code to?

• If you login to Mojang Account please look under "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta" and check to make sure that the code is marked as claimed. You can make sure it is by checking the date that it was redeemed on.

• If the item is not listed, you should contact Mojang support and they will assist you on the issue.

• If it is listed, then that means you successfully redeemed the code to a Microsoft account. When you did so, you were asked to login to a Microsoft account. This was the account that you redeemed the code to.

• Please go over to https://account.microsoft.com/ and check under the "Recent purchaces" header and check if "Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta" is listed. If it is not, you are using the wrong Microsoft account.

• If you're not sure which account you used, you should contact Xbox support (for Step 1, use "Xbox on Windows 10"; for Step 2 under Store select "Purchase verification"; and you should be able to call/chat with Xbox support) and let them know you are unsure
      which account you redeemed the code to.

Hope this is of any help to you!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft...

1. I can't figure out how to get Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition to install from the Microsoft... - Similar Threads - can't figure Minecraft

2. Microsoft Store NOT installed on laptop, can't figure it out!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store NOT installed on laptop, can't figure it out!: Hello folks, I have a Dell Laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Home installed. It was reset using the "Reset This PC" option in the recovery settings, and now I am fighting with such a profound headache here!After completing this reset, I've noticed that while all of my...
  3. Microsoft Store NOT installed on laptop, can't figure it out!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store NOT installed on laptop, can't figure it out!: Hello folks, I have a Dell Laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Home installed. It was reset using the "Reset This PC" option in the recovery settings, and now I am fighting with such a profound headache here!After completing this reset, I've noticed that while all of my...
  4. Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition on microsoft store: I've owned MC for windows 10 for nearly 2 years now. I uninstalled it before and now when I go to the store page to reinstall it's gives me the error cursor when I hover over install. It still says I own it so I want to know why it won't let me install it. My downloads have...
  5. Can't install Minecraft Windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install Minecraft Windows 10 edition: I can't install Minecraft windows 10 edition because i bought it signed in to my personal microsoft account, and I want to install it on a pc that is currently signed in on a different microsoft account. How do i add my microsoft account to this PC so I can install the game?...
  6. I can't install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on the Microsoft Store.

I can't install Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on the Microsoft Store.: A few days ago an update was released, but for some reason it did not update on my pc so I uninstalled it. I was going to reinstall it but when I tried all it says is 'Error Code: 0x803FB005 Try again later'. I keep trying but when I hover over the install button all that...
  7. Can't get Minecraft 10 edition

Can't get Minecraft 10 edition: I've had Minecraft java edition since May 1, 2014 yet i have no option to download the windows 10 edition but it gives me the option to buy it. Why can't I download the windows 10 edition when I've bought Minecraft before 2018?...
  8. Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install minecraft windows 10 edition: Recently I tried to install Minecraft windows 10 edition on my pc, running windows 1709, but it says the game is already installed. I have made sure it is not, in fact, installed. I have reset the Microsoft store app multiple times, including through PowerShell and the like....
  9. Can't install Minecraft Windows 10 edition

Can't install Minecraft Windows 10 edition: I recently signed up for the Minecraft Beta Program, and I decided after signing up, I wanted to play with my friend, so I uninstalled Minecraft Windows 10 edition, so I could re-install it without the beta updates, but I can't install it. No matter what I do, I can't install...
  10. Can't figure out how to install Teredo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't figure out how to install Teredo: So I bought state of decay 2 to play with my buddies. I cannot join or host games though. I get the error 1006. I have tried to get Teredo to work through the command prompt and through the device manager where you use legacy hardware. When I attempted to alter the program...