Windows 10: I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.

Discus and support I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has 64GB of storage. I can account for about 24GB. File Explorer only shows that I have only 8GB free. Where is the other 32GB of storage?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryTruesdell, Mar 29, 2020.

1. I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.

My laptop has 64GB of storage. I can account for about 24GB. File Explorer only shows that I have only 8GB free. Where is the other 32GB of storage?

:)

LarryTruesdell, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Ch3zGr8r Win User

Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

Tried as suggested, receive some error message.

I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

ah, didn't read the link - fixed from option 2.

Ch3zGr8r, Mar 29, 2020
  3. File explorer won't write past 32gb on 2tb flashdrive

I have a 2tb flashdrive. I am unable to write files to it past 32gb. Even though file explorer shows there are files there past 32gb, they are not accessible. How do I get file explorer to write to and read past the 32gb restriction?

JMiller1958, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer.

1. I can't find about 32GB of storage in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - can't find 32GB

2. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  3. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?: For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are...
  4. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?: For some reason when I navigate to my Desktop in Explorer, it isn't my actual desktop. In Explorer there are only 4 or five shortcuts, but I have lots of different things on my actual desktop. Why do they not match, and how can I find the real location where the files are...
  5. Why can't I find my real desktop in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Explorer can't find files

Windows Explorer can't find files: My computer was working fine yesterday. Today, I needed to look at a pdf in the Downloads folder, but for all files in the Download folder, I get the message: 'Windows cannot find "C:\Users\My Name\Downloads\File Name'. Outside of the Downloads folder, about half the...
  7. Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer

Can't find Personal Vault in File Explorer: Hey guys, For those of you who have set up your Personal Vault in OneDrive, does the "Personal Vault" folder show up in Windows File Explorer under the OneDrive folder? It doesn't for me, which seems strange. The features of the Personal Vault seems to work fine, e.g. by...
  8. storage space on 32GB tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    storage space on 32GB tablet: I purchased a tablet with 32GB internal memory. When new it had about 9GB free space. And now that's all gone because you, Microsoft, keeps updating the OS. Every time I clean the system up I end up with less and less free space. Yes, I remove temp files, disc cleanup,...
  9. Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer

in Cortana
    Why can't I find files on my PC with Windows Explorer: I spend hours searching through folders for files, images etc that I know exist on the system, but the search facility in Windows 10 doesn't find them. It sometimes will not find files that I've just saved - I can locate them, but explorer can't. In explorer I click on the...
  10. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...