Windows 10: i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties

Discus and support i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my touchpad isn't working as it should be after i installed windows10 x64 and installing the driver of touchpad (synaptics) that is compatible with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hadeer Mohammed, Oct 26, 2018.

1. i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties

my touchpad isn't working as it should be after i installed windows10 x64 and installing the driver of touchpad (synaptics) that is compatible with my HP Probook 4540s
    no scrolling

no pinch zoom

not able to disable/enable touchpad

i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties 54f40bb8-fb32-4348-bbe0-633cbc05305f?upload=true.png

:)

Hadeer Mohammed, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Touchpad

Hi Denise,

To address your concern, we suggest that you check if the touchpad is enabled in Mouse Properties.

Please follow these steps below to check the status of the touchpad.

• Click Start and choose Settings.
    • Click on Devices. Choose Mouse & touchpad. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click
      Additional mouse options.
    • The Mouse Properties window will open. Click the tab furthest to the right (ELAN
      or Device Settings).
    • Under Devices, check if your touchpad is disabled. If it is disabled, click the touchpad to select it and then click
      Enable.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 26, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Oct 26, 2018
  4. i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties

precision touchpad settings/revert to synapsis driver

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you finding the settings for Synaptics Touchpad.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Large view in Categories.
    • Select Mouse and select Synaptics touchpad
      in the tabs and check if you can find the settings for it.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties

1. i can't find driver settings in mouse nor touchpad properties - Similar Threads - can't find driver

2. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Separate mouse and touchpad settings: I use a surface book with windows 10 together with a logitech lift mouse. This mouse is ergonomic and left-handed. I always use a 'regular' configuration with the left mouse button as the main one. Sadly the left-handed mouse internally flips these settings and sets the right...
  3. Separate mouse and touchpad settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Separate mouse and touchpad settings: I use a surface book with windows 10 together with a logitech lift mouse. This mouse is ergonomic and left-handed. I always use a 'regular' configuration with the left mouse button as the main one. Sadly the left-handed mouse internally flips these settings and sets the right...
  4. Touchpad gestures functioning that I can't find anywhere in windows settings

Touchpad gestures functioning that I can't find anywhere in windows settings: When I bring my tap one finger down on the top of the touchpad, momentarily pause, and without lifting it up back up, slide it across to the left and then lift it up, the page I am on will go to the next page if there is a next page for the tab I am on When I do the same...
  5. Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties

Can't Find Device settings in Mouse properties: I cant get device settings in mouse properties.[ATTACH]I have tried every possible way to update driver or install a new one. installed synaptic pointer driver, nothing just works. Am i never gonna get it? Whats the issue?...
  6. unable to find driver for touchpad

unable to find driver for touchpad: Unable to find driver for touchpad. I am having troubles with the touchpad on my DELL 5567. The rightclick does not work. Need to click very hard to work etc. I checked in "Device manager -> Mice & other pointing devices" It has only two options - HID - compliant mouse...
  7. Mouse minus touchpad settings

Mouse minus touchpad settings: My Mouse properties does not have Synaptics touchpad window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-minus-touchpad-settings/471b6405-e3fe-4f87-91e0-00150aea0deb
  8. TouchPad/Mouse Properties

TouchPad/Mouse Properties: I have just got a new Lonovo 330 laptop and wanted to change the touch pad setting so I can disable tapping. When I open mouse properties there is no device settings tab so I can't change any settings relating to the touch pad. Spoken to Lonovo tech support who just said that...
  9. I cannot find settings for the touchpad

I cannot find settings for the touchpad: I’m a user of MS Surface Pro, Bluetooth keyboard with touchpad. But I cannot find settings for the touchpad nowhere, neither in the Device Manager nor in Settings, Bluetooth and Other Devices. Could you help me to find them?...
  10. Touchpad and mouse driver problem

Touchpad and mouse driver problem: My mouse and pointing device driver isn't working and I try everything to update it but it don't updated and shows failed to install due to code 10,,,,,I try troubleshoot but didn't update,,,,I have a HP laptop and my touchpad isn't working and I also plug a USB mouse but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse properties touchpad

2. cant find mouse driver

3. windows cant find mouse

4. cant find my touchpad driver,
  5. I cant find touchpad driver,
  6. i cant find touchpad settings,
  7. cant find touchpad driver,
  8. moue properties hardware,
  9. cant find touchpad settings,
  10. can not find mouse and touchpad,
  11. i cant find my touchpad,