Windows 10: "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

Discus and support "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Phyo Wai Win, Jul 7, 2019.

1. "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

Let me explain detail my problem following-

I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh in my windows 10 setting. Please see the below photo. How can I fix this problem please advice to me. how to make xshell default telnet handler in windows 10. I already find others solution for this problem but I can't find any more please help me.

Thanks you,

Phyo Wai Win

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

+959425303518

Yangon, Myanmar

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" 14c915fe-34d0-40d9-9414-a04204e551cc?upload=true.jpg

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" fc88f41f-c99d-41f2-9114-5b8435bf9b35?upload=true.jpg

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" 066df1f7-969c-4b14-a4cf-bee5a56cc5c0?upload=true.jpg

:)

Phyo Wai Win, Jul 7, 2019

2. Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Anakunda Win User
    Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

Anakunda, Jul 7, 2019
  4. opjose Win User

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

As everyone here is trying to tell you, you CANNOT do that.

It is "broken" and needs a fix from Microsoft.

opjose, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

1. "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting" - Similar Threads - can't find app

2. I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T SET DEFAULT APP FOR MY FILES ON WINDOWS 11: Hello,I tried setting a default media player for my mp4 movies but realized the "CHOOSE ANOTHER APP" command isn't responding from the "OPEN WITH >" menu list. Also, I tried setting the default app from the "PROPERTIES DIALOG BOX" still got no response when clicked. All these...
  3. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  4. Setting default app for irc protocol

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting default app for irc protocol: [ATTACH] Hey everyone, I have a problem that shouldn't be that hard to solve but I just can't figure it out. I want to set Hexchat as default app for opening irc protocols at win 10. Current default app is edge but in settings the only listet app is edge, even though...
  5. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  6. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  7. Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find .gba in Set Default Apps.: I have gone to the Default Apps menu and click on the one that lets you set the apps by file type. I scrolled down to the G section and .gba (the type I'm trying to set) isn't there. I have tried going on Properties for what I'm trying to open, but when I choose the app...
  8. can't set default apps

can't set default apps: Hi, I just did a clean install of windows 10 on both my pc and laptop (downloaded the install tool, it installed 1803, not 1809, winver says compile 17134.376) and now I can't set default apps on both machines. nothing happens if I click a file and choose "open with" and...
  9. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  10. Setting defaults by app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...