Windows 10: I can't find my camera at device manager

Discus and support I can't find my camera at device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i cant find my camera at device manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wildan_07, Jul 11, 2021.

1. wildan_07 Win User

I can't find my camera at device manager

i cant find my camera at device manager

:)

wildan_07, Jul 11, 2021
  2. FigenIsik Win User

built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jul 11, 2021
  4. I can't find my camera at device manager

Integrated Camera not working, no imaging devices in device manager

Hello,

This issue may arise if the driver of the camera is outdated. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Install updates from the manufacturer.

• Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    Method 2: Install your PC's default drivers.
    • Open the Device Manager on your PC.
      • In Windows 10, enter Device Manager in the search box next to Start, and then select Device Manager in
        the results.
      • In Windows 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move
        the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.) Then enter Device Manager in the search box, select Settings, and select Device Manager in
        the results.
    • Expand Imaging devices.
    • Right-click the camera that's having problems, and select Update Driver Software.
    • Select Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Select USB Video Device, select Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions. This might include restarting your PC.
    If the issue persists, kindly contact your device manufacturer for better assistance.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

I can't find my camera at device manager

1. I can't find my camera at device manager - Similar Threads - can't find camera

2. I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...: I went to device settings. right clicked my camera and clicked uninstall on accident. Now when I search for the camera again it is gone and I can't use it. Is there also an in-built camera on the PC I can use?...
  3. I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my USB camera, now I can't find it in my device managers. Is there...: I went to device settings. right clicked my camera and clicked uninstall on accident. Now when I search for the camera again it is gone and I can't use it. Is there also an in-built camera on the PC I can use?...
  4. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  5. i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager

i cannot find my camera any where in Device manager: i cannot find my camera device in the device manager i checked if i can see it in the hidden devices but no i uninstalled it because they told me to if i wanted my camera working so i did uninstall it and restarted but there is no change and and now i can not find my camera...
  6. Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find 'Camera' in Device Manager: I found out my laptop's integrated webcam was not working last day. On checking I saw that the Camera option was missing in device manager. I changed the camera app settings, did sfc/ SCANNOW, did software updates for windows, and tried almost everything else I saw while...
  7. I can't find my camera in device manager

I can't find my camera in device manager: I can't find my camera in device manager I have windows 10 and COMPAQ CQ60-300SV 2CE84636GK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-camera-in-device-manager/f737ff0c-713c-41af-8964-269549ff2f6f
  8. computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer can't find built in camera. Can't find camera or imaging device in device manager: Basically title. I really need to use the camera for online classes cause of the corona virus but when I try to use it, it gets an error message saying "We can't find your camera". There's no camera related thing in device manager. I've tried scanning for hardware changes...
  9. I can't find any "Cameras" settings in my Device Manager (to update my drivers) .... And...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find any "Cameras" settings in my Device Manager (to update my drivers) .... And...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Samy_Trif [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fmxdx3/i_cant_find_any_cameras_settings_in_my_device/
  10. Cant find camera in device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant find camera in device manager: Hi, i just got a new hard drive installed on my HP Notebook f100, and my camera driver is nowhere to be seen. no imaging devices tab, no cameras tab, please help! :CC...