Windows 10: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

Discus and support I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielDumitru, Sep 10, 2022.

1. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app

:)

DanielDumitru, Sep 10, 2022

2. Programs on second hard drive on start menu

Hi. I have a 30GB SSD that contains only Win 7, Chrome, Mediamonkey, and a temp monitor.
    All the other programs are on a hard drive.

How can I make them appear under the program files on start menu and be searchable through the start menu?

Thanks!

squelchy451, Sep 10, 2022
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Games do not appear in Vista x64 start menu ?

i was talking about that start menu .

wolf2009, Sep 10, 2022
  4. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Sep 10, 2022
Thema:

I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

1. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu - Similar Threads - can't find start

2. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Cortana
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  3. I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu: I can't find my start menu programs in Start menu.to give you an example, I have Visual Studio installed and pinned to Start, but if i click start and type "Visual" i get a folder as result, and not actually the shortcut to that app...
  4. Can't find any programs in start menu after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find any programs in start menu after reinstalling Windows: Yesterday my entire C: drive corrupted and I had to reinstall Windows. Since then I am no longer able to find programs on my other drives by searching the start menu. I checked the indexing settings and made sure it was indexing my other drives too, but it still wouldn't find...
  5. Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing on start menu doesn't find start menu programs: Hi All, Maybe I'm wrong, but if I click "Start" and i type for example "sync", I expect it to find all programs I would see scrolling in the start menu with word "sync" in it. More precisely, when I click "start", I have a list of programs, starting from "recently added"...
  6. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  7. Can't pin a particular program to the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin a particular program to the Start Menu: For some reason, I cannot pin Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword to my Start menu. I am 100% sure that it is not already pinned, and I even tried making a shortcut to the executable and pinning that, but it didn't work either. The location of the file is C:\Program Files...
  8. Installed program not in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed program not in the start menu.: With a clean install of Win 10 1703 I installed MSI Afterburner from the administrator account but the shortcuts weren't placed in the standard accounts start menu. I'm not sure if this is Windows issue or MSI Afterburner as I haven't received a reply from Guru3d forums...
  9. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  10. Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't pin programs to Start menu anymore?: Win 10 64bit Build 10162 Not sure if I've done this in the course of hacking the registry but I can no longer pin anything to Start Menu by right clicking on an .exe in the File Explorer and choosing 'Pin to Start' from the context menu. I don't get an error message but...