Windows 10: I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10

Discus and support I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to save some files to a USB Flash Drive (Cruzer GLide) so I can install them onto my new HP PC, but it's not showing up in My PC. Could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lmreid50, Oct 9, 2018.

1. lmreid50 Win User

I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10

I'm trying to save some files to a USB Flash Drive (Cruzer GLide) so I can install them onto my new HP PC, but it's not showing up in My PC. Could someone help me out? Thanks!

:)

lmreid50, Oct 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10 nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. I can't find my USB Drive on MY PC. I'm using Win 10 - Similar Threads - can't find USB

2. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  3. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my external drives: I am still running Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo computer and after the last update I can no longer find either of my external drives. One is a Western Digital 80 gb and the other is a Dell 1 tb drive. I have a lot of information stored on these two drives and would like to...
  4. I can't find my external drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't find my mouse on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my mouse on my pc: hello i watn to connect my pc and mouse but it's not showing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-mouse-on-my-pc/6706e35b-b51b-45f5-ae7f-7f1a5bb68637
  6. I can't find my mouse on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my mouse on my pc: hello i watn to connect my pc and mouse but it's not showing please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-mouse-on-my-pc/6706e35b-b51b-45f5-ae7f-7f1a5bb68637
  7. I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't find my previous file or I can't find windows.old on my pc: I re installed my windows with the option to keep my files . when it was done I couldn't find my pervious file but the hard drive is indicating that the previous files are still there . I've checked user it's only showing my recent files it's showing please how can i get...
  8. Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using a usb drive with Win 10 sandbox: If this is a FAQ please point me in the right direction. I've just enable sandbox on Win 10 pro latest updates When I open explorer only 1 disk is available. Is it possible to access other disks on the system and a usb drive if installed? If yes, how do I enable them?...
  9. I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.: The only things listed there are: CD/DVD USB CD/DVD Hard Disk : Windows Boot Manager (ADATA SX6000NP) USB Hard Disk Network : UEFI : PXE IP4 KIller PCIe Network Controller Disabled And because of that, the only options I can boot into is the network and the Hard Disk....
  10. win 10 PC will not find my USB powered external HDD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 PC will not find my USB powered external HDD.: *Sad G'day to all, I recently bought a new PC with win 10 on board. I now find that I want to retrieve some data from my old PC which is unserviceable. I purchased a 22 pin sata to usb cable. When plugged in I find the Device manager will not find this new drive. The led's...