Windows 10: I can't find password option on Sign-in options

Discus and support I can't find password option on Sign-in options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi guys, I don't know what happended to my laptop, ever since i reinstall my Windows 10, i can't find password option for sign-in options,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AsterionContinental, Aug 26, 2020.

1. I can't find password option on Sign-in options

I can't find password option on Sign-in options FfsM8v_k2RV4-jjs3ba6F4q18W0dRKrKU-9lnNAd8hs.jpg

Hi guys,

I don't know what happended to my laptop, ever since i reinstall my Windows 10, i can't find password option for sign-in options, i remember it clearly i can always use password before, but now i don't even see the option to add password

Windows 10 version 2004 (OS Build 19041,450)

Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/AsterionContinental
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AsterionContinental, Aug 26, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 26, 2020
  3. lori67k Win User
    missing picture password option in sign-in options window, does not appear to exist! PLEASE HELP

I recently reset my pc back to factory default... Before doing this I was able to use picture password as my sign-in option but now, that option is no longer available to me and this poses a big issue for me, personally.

When I go to the sign-in option window, this is the only options I see here:

I can't find password option on Sign-in options 157e36dc-edbf-4205-86e4-914162599cd6?upload=true.png

Yes, everything is fully updated with the latest creators edition and all current windows updates (according to when I attempt to install updates, it says "Your up to date"

I've also performed all the suggestions I found online per the ways to fix this.

here's a run down of all the steps taken:

using the 'run' box I typed in the following:

Step 1:

1. secpol.msc and press Enter.
    2. In the left pane of Local Security Policy window, navigate to Local Policies -> Security Options.
    3. On the right hand side, double-click on the “Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name” setting.

Steps 2 & 3 were given to turn off picture password, I wanted to turn it on, so the suggestion to select enabled to turn it off, I chose disabled and instead of a value set at 1, I set it at 0

Step 2:

1. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    2. In the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon
    3. In the right pane, you can see a policy named “Turn off picture password sign-in“, double-click on it and set it to Enabled (I selected DISABLED instead). Finally, click Apply / OK and reboot to apply the changes.
    Step 3:

Disable Picture Password Sign-in with Register Editor

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
    2. Next, navigate to following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

If the System subkey doesn’t exist, you’ll have to create it.
    3. In right pane, look for an entry named BlockDomainPicturePassword. If it doesn’t exist, right-click on empty space and create a DWORD value and assign name as BlockDomainPicturePassword.
    4. Double-click the BlockDomainPicturePassword value and set it to 1. I SET THE VALUE TO 0
    YES! I RESTARTED PC, NO GOOD! I am still unable to even see PICTURE PASSWORD as a sign-in option in the sign-in options window, per the image above

These are the only steps I've been able to locate to hopefully resolve my issue but none of these has panned out.

I really need some assistance here to resolve this specific issue.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SIGN IN USING MY SELECTED PICTURE PASSOWRD, but how am I supposed to do that, if that option is not even available to me? I.e. windows hello face (unavailable on my machine. windows hello fingerprint (also unavailable). windows hello
    PIN. and security key. BUT NO PICTURE PASSWORD!!!

Please, can somebody help me fix this?

I've been at this for 3-1/2 days now, attempting to fix it on my own and retrying, retrying and retrying more, the same steps over and over again (because the above steps are the only ones I've found that even remotely addresses my issue, somewhat) and I
    feel like I'm about to lose my mind...

thanks

lori67k, Aug 26, 2020
  4. I can't find password option on Sign-in options

Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

I can't find password option on Sign-in options

1. I can't find password option on Sign-in options - Similar Threads - can't find password

2. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sign in Option/I Can't sign in: HI this is What I get on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-optioni-cant-sign-in/d51a5781-99fc-48f4-a237-4c2b150970af
  3. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sign in Option/I Can't sign in: HI this is What I get on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sign-in-optioni-cant-sign-in/d51a5781-99fc-48f4-a237-4c2b150970af
  4. No sign in Option/I Can't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign In Option With Password Disappears

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Option With Password Disappears: Hello,I have a question. I got notification on my Acer Aspire 5 that said Windows 11 is ready and I could upgrade from Windows 10 to 11. I accepted the offer but not long after that, I had blue screen that said "... Stop code: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED". I tried steps on...
  6. Dont have the Password option in Sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have the Password option in Sign in options: Pls help. I want to change my Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-the-password-option-in-sign-in-options/7ee7345e-e58a-470d-bef9-f1a480e67db2
  7. Dont have the Password option in Sign in options

Dont have the Password option in Sign in options: Pls help. I want to change my Password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-the-password-option-in-sign-in-options/7ee7345e-e58a-470d-bef9-f1a480e67db2
  8. No option to sign in using password

No option to sign in using password: In settings, under accounts>sign-in options there isn’t an option to sign in using a passwordletters and numbers etc there are only options to use facial,fingerprint,pincurrently using and security keyphysical key. I want to use the password to sign in. I am on windows 11.pls...
  9. No option to sign in with password

No option to sign in with password: Hi ALl, I only get the options to sign in to my laptop are fingerprint scanner and the pin. the option for entering the password used to come but doesnt come any more. any help?...
  10. I can't find Windows Hello in Sign-In Options

I can't find Windows Hello in Sign-In Options: I can't find Windows Hello Option in Setting>Sign-In Options. Before update my Windows 10, there is no problem with my fingerprint scanner and i can log in, but after Update, I still can scan my fingerprint but i can't log in, and so i need to enter my password. [ATTACH]...