Windows 10: I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

Discus and support I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I save a picture I've captured to my pictures and then I go there, I can't find it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DayanaAguilar, Apr 12, 2020.

1. I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

When I save a picture I've captured to my pictures and then I go there, I can't find it.

:)

DayanaAguilar, Apr 12, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Gizm0. Win User
    Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)

1. Open a snipping tool

2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set)

3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk)

4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save

Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if you press save (black floppy disk) again and then press save - it will ask you whether you want to overwrite it - if you choose yes, only then the snippet will be created in a given location.

Expected result:

Snip will be saved in a current location directly after step 4.

Please, Microsoft, fix this bug, I am actually using your snipping tool for work, and this drives me crazy!

This bug is here for quite some time and it haven´t been fixed.

Apologies, if this is not a proper forum for bug report, but this is the only one I know.

Gizm0., Apr 12, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

No, that is not true.

Snipping Tool does not even have a "Save" button or menu option, both the button (diskette icon) and menu option are "Save As". However you save, selecting the button from the File menu, you can save the screenshots wherever you want to.

The Pictures folder is just the default folder shown as a suggestion when you save but the file will not be automatically saved there. Selecting any other folder, like for instance Desktop, will then become the new default suggested location; Snipping Tool remembers this and next time you save a screenshot it will be saved in this new location if no other location is selected.

Short: It is absolutely not true that Snipping Tool automatically saves in Pictures folder.

Thema:

I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool

1. I Can't Find Pictures Saved in Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Can't Find Pictures

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  4. Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures

Snipping tool does not save or display screenshot pictures: There was a weird moment when windows asked me to choose the default snipping tool. There were two similar apps but one was marked "new" and the other wasn't, I chose the old one and it doesn't work anymore....
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

8. Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save pictures from snipping tool: Hi,I am having issue where I cannot save the pictures from the snipping tool. I searched around the Internet, and found something related with missing pictures folder in my user folder. I already created the pictures folder but still cannot save with snipping tool. Can anyone...
  9. I can't find my screenshots unless I use the snipping tool and save it or paste it in paint...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't find my screenshots unless I use the snipping tool and save it or paste it in paint...: I deleted the screenshots folder that was on the laptop. I've tried making a new normal folder and naming it Screenshots, but my screenshots aren't showing up on it so I'm assuming it didn't work. submitted by /u/JohnyyBanana [link] [comments]...
  10. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. saved snips from snipping tool cant find

2. where can i find my snips ive captured

3. snipping photos saved

4. my snip will not save,
  5. where to find photos clicked by snipping tool,
  6. I cant find my snip tool pictures