Windows 10: I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

Discus and support I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,it has been a very long time since Teredo last worked for me, I tried a lot of the solutions suggested by Microsoft and threads such as in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Omar Magdy Marzoq, Nov 23, 2021.

1. I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

Hello,it has been a very long time since Teredo last worked for me, I tried a lot of the solutions suggested by Microsoft and threads such as in the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-this-teredo-adapter-in-device-manager/7c503da2-8a47-4696-ace1-e242ef5001ab ,and it seems I am getting similar results to the person in the thread which is not finding keys/parameters in the registry according to the admin. CMD commands given in there, what would be the solution to this? I would like to get it fixed because I would like to play some Microsoft games online.

:)

Omar Magdy Marzoq, Nov 23, 2021

2. Missing Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter from Legacy Hardware

Hello,

Please try these suggestions:

Method 1:

Step 1: Modify TCPIPv6 Parameters through Windows Registry

1. Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.Type “regedit” and press Enter.
    2. Inside Windows Registry, navigate (from the left pane) and highlight this key.
    3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters
    4. At the right pane, double-click to modify the DisabledComponents key.
    5. Set the DisabledComponents Value data to 0 (Zero) and select OK.
    6. Close Registry Editor.
    7. Restart your computer.
    8. Navigate to device management.
    9. Check if the Teredo tunneling adapter exists and working in device manager. To do that:
    • From the View menu choose Show hidden devices.
    • If the device manager's screen doesn't show any errors (and is without an exclamation mark) next to MS Teredo Tunneling Adapter then your problem is solved and the Teredo tunneling should work without problems.

If you face a screen with a yellow exclamation mark next to Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter.

Step 2: Uninstall all Teredo Tunneling Adapters & Interfaces.

1. Right-Click and Uninstall the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.
    2. Uninstall also all Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapters (e.g. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter #2 or #3 or #4, etc.)
    3. Re-install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter by following the steps from this tutorial: How to install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
    4. If after re-installing teredo tunneling, you still have problems then proceed to Step 3.

Step 3. Enable Teredo Client using NETSH command

1. Right click at Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    2. At command prompt window type the following commands in this order and press Enter after typing each one of them.
    netsh

int teredo

set state disabled

int ipv6

set teredo client

3. Close command prompt.

4. Open Device manager.

5. Select View > Show Hidden Devices. The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface reappears and should be working without problems now.

Method 2 (not work in Windows 10 Home):

Open Group Policy Editor by running gpedit.msc command. Under Computer Configuration in the tree view, expand Administrative Templates then click All Settings. Look for "Set Teredo State", then double-click that. You will then enable the
    policy and set the state below to "Enterprise Client" from what it was before in the dropdown menu under "Select from the following states".

Hope this helps!

References:

1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-install-teredo-tunneling-pseudo-interface/62790531-c342-4c5b-b367-542784ae768f

2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/aeeae78c-13e8-4bf1-b82d-a0e492d47f50?page=2

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Xbox Windows 10 "Teredo is Unable to Qualify" - Server Connectivity "Blocked"

This fixed it on my PC. In step 4, the value on mine was ff (255); changing it to 0 made Teredo pop up in device manager. Hope this works for you.

From the Registry

• In the search bar of the start menu type in 'regedit' to open the registry editor.
    • On the left hand side navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS
    • Select Parameters and in the right hand pane you should then have an option for Disabled Components
    • Right click on Disabled Components and set the DWORD value to 0
    • Close out of the Registry Editor and Reboot the system.
    • This should resolve the error message for the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.

LandonHull, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Hi Leonardo,

The Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter usually used by businesses and corporate if the IPv4 has no native connection to an IPv6 network.
    To troubleshoot your issue we recommend that you follow these steps:

Step 1. Modify TCPIPv6 Parameters through Windows Registry

• Press Windows + R keys to launch the
      Run
      dialog box.
    • Type regedit, then press Enter.
    • Navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters
    • At the right pane, double-click DisabledComponents key to modify it.
    • Set its Value data to 0, then select OK.
    • Close Registry Editor.
    • Once done, restart your computer and check if through your device manager if Teredo Tunneling Adapter is present
    • If the issue still persists, proceed with the next step.
    Step 2. Enable Teredo Client using NETSH command

• Open an elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following commands one after another:

netsh , then press
      Enter

int teredo, then press
      Enter

set state disabled, then press
      Enter

int ipv6, then press Enter

set teredo client, then press
      Enter

• Close Command Prompt.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Kindly click this
    link
    for instruction on how to back up your Windows registry.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

1. I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my... - Similar Threads - can't find Teredo

2. I can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my product key: I bought on November 10th Microsoft 365, and I need to use Word, but I cannot find my product key in any of the emails received after the purchase in order to access it. Can you help me with that? Kind regards Silvia...
  3. I can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my product key: I bought on November 10th Microsoft 365, and I need to use Word, but I cannot find my product key in any of the emails received after the purchase in order to access it. Can you help me with that? Kind regards Silvia...
  4. I can't find my product key

I can't find my product key: I really Can't activate my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-product-key/43f2187f-6978-40ee-a8e7-f22c4bda1f0a
  5. I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...: Hello,it has been a very long time since Teredo last worked for me, I tried a lot of the solutions suggested by Microsoft and threads such as in the thread:...
  6. I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...

I can't find some Teredo parameters/keys in the regedit and I suspect it's the cause of my...: Hello,it has been a very long time since Teredo last worked for me, I tried a lot of the solutions suggested by Microsoft and threads such as in the thread:...
  7. Can't find Teredo adapter

Can't find Teredo adapter: Hello, I have tried everything but I cannot find the Teredo adapter when trying to add legacy hardware. I have updated Windows to the latest version but it still doesn't show up. I'm trying to join parties through the Xbox app but I'm not able to because of this issue. Any...
  8. Can't Find Teredo Adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Find Teredo Adapter: I got a brand new pc built up, got the Xbox app downloaded, but I can't stay in the parties. Checked the connection to be told, "Teredo is unable to qualify." Went to Device Manager, check for hidden devices- couldn't find it, then went to add it to legacy. Of course, went to...
  9. I can't find my product key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't find my product key: please hep me. I want to change my background's photo and lock screen's photo but I can't change because first I must activate my windows and I DON'T KNOW MY PRODUCKT KEY. please help me....
  10. I can't find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter or Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter or Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface in...: Please tell what to do i cant use xbox chat https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cant-find-microsoft-teredo-tunneling-adapter-or/3150506a-dd16-482c-81c1-4fe5872df0e4