Windows 10: I can’t find the driver for my printer

Discus and support I can’t find the driver for my printer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where can i find the driver for my printer? My printer is no longer working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bebe Calli, Apr 22, 2024.

1. I can’t find the driver for my printer

Where can i find the driver for my printer? My printer is no longer working.

:)

Bebe Calli, Apr 22, 2024
  2. PiKo Win User

win10 sez no drivers for brither hl5040 printer

To be sure that you followed my suggestion correctly, I will specify some steps: CP>devices and printers>add a printer>the printer that I want isn't listed>add a local printer with manual settings>define port>Windows update and install

3. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Argel Obm Win User

I can’t find the driver for my printer

printer driver

Hi Catherine,

We need to clarify a few things first for us to better understand your printer concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you having an issue using your printer or downloading the driver for your printer?
    • If you're having an issue downloading the driver for your printer, can you please tell us how do you download the its driver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you do it.
    • Are you encountering an error message when you attempt to download the driver for your printer? We strongly recommend that you post a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.
    • If the issue is with the printer itself, are you having a problem in printing or scanning? What is happening when you attempt to print or scan?

Argel Obm, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

I can’t find the driver for my printer

1. I can’t find the driver for my printer - Similar Threads - can’t find driver

2. I can’t find the driver for my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t find the driver for my printer: Where can i find the driver for my printer? My printer is no longer working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-driver-for-my-printer/2e3f3f07-432d-4e07-83ee-6cf3fc2cb594
  3. We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid: [ATTACH]We have noticed that on some occasions, a Windows device fails to connect to the Printer’s network. When trying to connect to the network, Windows gives the following error message. We can’t find the printer you’re trying to install. Check to see if the printer was...
  4. I can’t find my home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can’t find my home wifi: I have a PC that is currently offline, because I can’t connect to my own network. It doesn’t pick up or find my home network, but yet it picks up my neighbors network. I have tried resetting my pc It is new and doesn’t have much on it multiple times, and none of them being...
  5. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t find my printer ip address: Hello Microsoft staff,I’m having issue installing a static IP address printer. When I tried to add my printer ip address, it’s always show unable to locate your IP address, I turned on all network sharing in discovery and turn off password protection, even switch off all kind...
  6. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t find my printer ip address: Hello Microsoft staff,I’m having issue installing a static IP address printer. When I tried to add my printer ip address, it’s always show unable to locate your IP address, I turned on all network sharing in discovery and turn off password protection, even switch off all kind...
  7. Can’t find my printer ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I Can’t Find My D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Can’t Find My D Drive: So i was using my computer and it running fine, then it gave me that huge frowny face and the screen said it ws scanning for problems and would restart automatically. When it started back up and i logged in, most of my shorcuts were inaccesible and i wasnt able to access my D...
  9. I can’t find my action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can’t find my action Center: Hello everyone I have a windows 10 operating system but for some reason i cant find the action center. I even tried to press ctrl+A but that didnt work thank you -Madesh...
  10. I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can’t see my installed printer on my device and printers: Hi, We have a Windows Server 2012R2 as a print server and Windows 10-1903 clients. When I add a new printer, I can’t see printers on my “devices and printers”, I can see them in device manager, or PowerShell (Get-Printer) or I can see on word-print menu! Current...