Windows 10: I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

Discus and support I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, today I connected my 4k TV to my PC along with a 1080p monitor. Initially the TV showed 4k at 30hz. Since the TV was rated for 4k at 60Hz, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by akhilkumarco007, Jul 5, 2021.

1. I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

Hello, today I connected my 4k TV to my PC along with a 1080p monitor. Initially the TV showed 4k at 30hz. Since the TV was rated for 4k at 60Hz, I changed the connection to a display port 1.4 on my PC and it briefly started showing 4k at 60Hz until I started playing a game on the TV and changed the in game resolution to 1080p. Once I changed the in game resolution to 1080p, the TV went blank and then whole windows resolution was set to 1080p instead of 4k and I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings anymore. I even tried to find the resolution in the "List all modes" options in the display adapter settings but that shows up to 1080p. I have tried clearing the display cache using the method you described but it did not work. I tried to read the EDID and the EDID of the TV shows a max resolution of 4k but for some reason my PC is sending only 1080p at 60hz. I have also tried changing GPU drivers for my PC but that did not work. Tried uninstalling and disabling devices from device manager and that still did not work. Below are my PC, monitor and TV specs. Please help me set my TV to 4k at 60Hz. Thank you so much! PC: GPU - RTX 3080 Mobo - Gigabyte Aorus Elite B550 CPU - Ryzen 5 5600x Monitor: MSI optix G27c5 with 1080p @ 165Hz TV: VIZIO D55x-G1 4K @ 60Hz

:)

akhilkumarco007, Jul 5, 2021

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jul 5, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 5, 2021
  4. I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

Windows display settings not recognising my 4K monitor resolution

I have a Philips BDM4350 4K monitor.

I have a surface book with GPU and Windows 10.

I have a Mini Display Port adapter connected to a 23 Gbps 4k HDMI cable and the monitor set to HDMI 2.0.

It does not have the option for 4K in Windows setting and only allows 1080.

Any thoughts?

Charliebrisbane, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

1. I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings - Similar Threads - cant find option

2. Not able to find options to reset display settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to find options to reset display settings: Hello, I have recently did reset my PC and then I tried making some display settings, now the display colors looks very odd. Trying to reset display options, went through few articles and tried to find all the different options each article suggested but I could not find...
  3. cant open display settings or personalization option

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open display settings or personalization option: HI Its new windows 10 home laptop this problem occuring only in administrator account working fine in other user accounts i have done system restore and sfc scan too but no luck so far pls see attached picture thank you [IMG]...
  4. I cant set my display to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant set my display to 1920x1080: I know someone already asked this, but im using a Dell Pavilion not sure of the model running Windows 10, My HDMI is busted and im resorting to using a PC cable yes those exist and i cant set my resolution to 1920x1080 using a Toshiba TV and it will end up with a black screen...
  5. Reset display and setting 4k monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reset display and setting 4k monitor: I have just bought my new 4K monitor. I connected it to my laptop and it is working beautifully. I put my laptop in stand-up for a while. Then, when I reopened it, I couldn't connect my screen anymore it is working with another laptop than the monitor is working. In the...
  6. Cant find the setting to turn on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant find the setting to turn on Bluetooth: Hi, After I updated my Windows 10, I am unable to find the switch to turn on my laptop's Bluetooth. Please refer to the below screenshot of the Bluetooth setting. [ATTACH] Windows build info: [ATTACH]...
  7. Display settings options within settings app flickers

Display settings options within settings app flickers: Hello everybody, I have an issue regarding windows 10 display settings. All the other settings within the app work fine. however when I try to alter display settings, it reverts back to the same. for example if I am trying to alter the layout of my two monitors, I will...
  8. i cant find the ¨for developers¨ setting

i cant find the ¨for developers¨ setting: my computer dosent have the ¨ for developers¨ setting, I've tried to find it with tutorials but it is not where it should be.... how can I get or find it...
  9. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings: I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my laptop display to 1080p since 1080p is exactly 4 times fewer pixels than 4k and therefore looks the most natural. But for some...
  10. I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10

I cannot find resolution options in Advanced Display Settings on Windows 10: I recently reinstalled my windows, and I noticed that my screen is a bit stretched out, making it a little blurry and grainy. However, when I tried to change the resolution, I found out that I was already at the top setting, out of ONLY TWO options, which was 1024 x 768,...