Windows 10: I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer

Discus and support I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant find the 'print selection' option...at least with my printer(s) in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brian442, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Brian442 Win User

I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer

I cant find the 'print selection' option...at least with my printer(s) in Windows 10

:)

Brian442, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Printer options - can't select print quality

Hello Jacinta,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to hear this and I will help you fix this.

I request you to follow the below methods:

Method 1:

Run inbuilt printer troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

Note: If your computer is having problems printing, try using the Printer troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that a printer is connected to your computer, and it checks
    for common issues such as whether the printer has enough paper and toner to complete printing your document.

• Press Windows keys on your keyboard.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now click on view all option.
    • Click on printer and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer's Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the Printer's Drivers

• Right click on start menu.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Printer from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove
      the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2:Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the printer model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Method 3:

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and
      check if the issue persists

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with
    wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 5, 2019
  4. I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer

Printing to XPS fails on Windows 10

Hi Dan,

I can understand the inconvenience caused to you. I would be glad to help you.

I would suggest you to refer the below steps and check if it helps.

• Search for Device Manager, or do Win + R and then
      DEVMGMT.MSC.

• Go to 'Print queues' then uninstall both the PDF and XPS print queues.

• Search for 'Advanced Printer Setup', or look this option in the Control panel.

• Select 'The printer that I want isn't listed', in the next window choose 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings', select 'Use an existing port:' then in the dropdown select 'FILE: (Print
      to File)'.

• In the next window, it will appear a list. Select Microsoft then in the second list select 'Microsoft Print to PDF' and next.

• Select 'Replace the current driver' and then next

• Give the printer a name (I suggest the original name) then next and it shall reinstall the printer and its driver.

• Repeat the process but now instead of selecting 'Microsoft Print to PDF' in the list, select the XPS one.

• Restart and see if it prints now.

Refer the below article for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer

1. I cant find the 'print selection' option in Windows 10 on any printer - Similar Threads - cant find 'print

2. Printer Drivers Old Showing up as options to select when printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Drivers Old Showing up as options to select when printing: Hi everyone. I purchased a Xerox Laser Printer 3300 a year ago for my office, and it came with an old printer driver. when I updated it I ended up installing three others, since the exact one I Needed was not an option listed, one of them works fine the others do not. NO...
  3. Printer Drivers Old Showing up as options to select when printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Drivers Old Showing up as options to select when printing: Hi everyone. I purchased a Xerox Laser Printer 3300 a year ago for my office, and it came with an old printer driver. when I updated it I ended up installing three others, since the exact one I Needed was not an option listed, one of them works fine the others do not. NO...
  4. Printer Drivers Old Showing up as options to select when printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cant find printer icon

Cant find printer icon: I cannot find the Printer Icon on my computer to stop a document that's already in the queue. Can you help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-printer-icon/19fb56fe-c48d-43fe-a1c5-eed61920dda5
  6. when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when selecting 'print' it goes to 'Print to File' not the printer: I had a major Windows 10 crash unknown cause, assume automatic update Managed to get to function properly after booting safe mode. Can't find where to change the setting from 'Print to file' to print to my printer driver and settings OK. Thanks for any suggestions. Natalie...
  7. Can't print on any printer

Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  8. Print>Selection option not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print>Selection option not available: What happened to the Print>Selection option available after yesterday's (12/17/18) Windows 10 automatic update. **Original Title** Print>Selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printselection-option-not-available/18e9ce42-3e26-4428-805f-ca75656aecb3
  9. Windows 10 upgraded, and now I can't print to ANY printer

Windows 10 upgraded, and now I can't print to ANY printer: My computer recently upgraded my Windows 10 installation. I'm now running Windows 10 Home edition, version 1803, build 17134.285. Since the upgrade, I can't print -- not to my physical printer, nor to Microsoft Print to PDF. I AM, however, able to print to the physical...
  10. Unable to print to any printer or on any network

Unable to print to any printer or on any network: Was printing fine one day on a Dell laptop that is about 4 years old, and then the next day it just stopped printing. When printing from a Microsoft program (Word, Excel, etc.) I get a message like "Word can print due to a problem with the printer setup." When I print from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 print selection option