Windows 10: I can't find the product key to activate windows...

Discus and support I can't find the product key to activate windows... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, A while ago now, I ordered a USB stick containing a copy of Windows 10 on it from Amazon. While I've had a bit of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xXB3N9YXx, Apr 23, 2019.

1. xXB3N9YXx Win User

I can't find the product key to activate windows...

Dear Microsoft Community,

A while ago now, I ordered a USB stick containing a copy of Windows 10 on it from Amazon. While I've had a bit of experience with installing OSs onto computers in the past, I had never done this specifically before.

After some partial success, it asked me to input a product key... I have never heard of this before in my life. So I researched a guide online which told me to look for the key on the box. This is a good time to mention that the copy of Windows I ordered was a legitimate, as it was from Microsoft's official page on Amazon. Anyway, I found the box... No key. Reason being is that I never got the same box as I've seen on Google images. I got the Amazon box (which didn't have the key as far as I'm aware) and within it was the piece of card behind a plastic shell containing the USB stick inside; no rectangular blue and white box in sight.

Of course, my PC assumes that I purchased an illegitimate copy, which is not the case. It may well be the case that I simply didn't notice some mystical in-between 3rd box with the key on it, but this is unlikely. I still have the piece of card, which was the closest thing to an actual box I received, save for the protective cardboard box with the Amazon logo on it.

Really not sure what to do, can anyone help?

:)

xXB3N9YXx, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Duyenhip Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Apr 23, 2019
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't find the product key to activate windows... - Similar Threads - can't find product

2. I can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find my product key: I bought on November 10th Microsoft 365, and I need to use Word, but I cannot find my product key in any of the emails received after the purchase in order to access it. Can you help me with that? Kind regards Silvia...
  3. I can't find my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't find my product key: I bought on November 10th Microsoft 365, and I need to use Word, but I cannot find my product key in any of the emails received after the purchase in order to access it. Can you help me with that? Kind regards Silvia...
  4. I can't find my product key

I can't find my product key: I really Can't activate my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-my-product-key/43f2187f-6978-40ee-a8e7-f22c4bda1f0a
  5. Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows: Hi,I need to activate Windows for some reason, I have 8.1 which came pre-installed. The laptop is old, I think since 2010 or something.I don't have the key and I cannot find it. I did find one through some method I found online, but apparently, it wasn't the right one??!!...
  6. Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows

Can't find my Product Key to activate Windows: Hi,I need to activate Windows for some reason, I have 8.1 which came pre-installed. The laptop is old, I think since 2010 or something.I don't have the key and I cannot find it. I did find one through some method I found online, but apparently, it wasn't the right one??!!...
  7. can't find windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't find windows product key: I keep getting the notification that windows isn't activated on my device and it won't let me activate no matter what I try. I understand I need the product key but I can't find it anywhere. I've ran both command prompt and powershell trying to find it using commands that...
  8. Can't Find Product Key

Can't Find Product Key: Hello, I bought a pc and built it in August of 2020. When I bought all the parts I did not buy Windows 10 with it. I had to copy Windows and put it on the new PC. Then I bought Windows 10 Home from the Microsoft website and now have Microsoft Defender and all that. Now I want...
  9. can't find product key

can't find product key: I'm currently using an Apple iMac and I bought Windows 10 Pro. I was told I would get an email with this product key, I have received an email but all there is is it shows me that I bought it. Wheres my product key at?...
  10. Can't find windows product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find windows product key: So today when I right clicked on my monitor I clicked personalize and it said I wasn't able to personalize without activating windows but I don't know if I have a windows display key. I then looked it up and none of the articles told me how to find the key, even the one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows if i cant find the key