Windows 10: I can't find the search box in start

Discus and support I can't find the search box in start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't find the search box in start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by george 44, Aug 23, 2019.

1. george 44 Win User

I can't find the search box in start

:)

george 44, Aug 23, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Aug 23, 2019
  4. I can't find the search box in start

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't find the search box in start - Similar Threads - can't find search

2. I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box

in Cortana
    I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box: I can't type in windows 10 start "type here to search" box also in file explorer search box after updating my windows. Can anyone help me out?...
  3. Can't Find Search Box and Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Find Search Box and Files: Good morning/afternoon/evening, Ever since my mom gave me back this laptop, it has been acting very strangely. 1. My screen was upside down, but I fixed that. 2. My settings kept changing without my permission. I don't know if that's fixed. 3. Whenever I try to search...
  4. Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.

in Cortana
    Windows 10: Can't type in search box or in start menu.: Hello, I've been using my new Windows 10 PC for less than a day and am unable to type into the Windows 10 search box/bar. Also, setting the search bar to display the search icon instead, and then clicking on the icon does not make a search bar appear nothing happens. Showing...
  5. Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why can't I search in the "Type here to search" box?: Hello My computer have Windows 10, and recently I found out that, I can type in the "Type here to search" box, but there nothing coming up... its really annoying. I don't know what to do? Hope you guys can help me ;...
  6. Windows Start search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start search box: I was investigating online how to disable the 'on-screen keyboard on startup'. I opened the first link i saw and was told by a community member to click the start button and search 'services' and then open the services applet. The only thing is that the search bar i normally...
  7. Can't find programs using the start menu search

in Cortana
    Can't find programs using the start menu search: Recently I am no longer able to find any programs using the start menu search, it just gives me things like downloaded files. For example, I can't find the control panel by typing in "control panel"....
  8. why can't i find app in the search box but can in apps & features?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why can't i find app in the search box but can in apps & features?: settings apps apps & features[ATTACH] start button all apps[ATTACH] why can't i find "Atom" in the second screen but can in the first one? how can i fix this?...
  9. Start menu search can't find some applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search can't find some applications: I am unable to search for some applications on my new laptop. I have tried rebuilding the index and restarting twice now with these options: [img] For example, both Chrome and Firefox are installed and have icons in the start menu, both show up under "Most Used" and both...
  10. Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Can't Find Installed Apps: I've noticed now on multiple computers I've installed Windows 10 on, that a quick win-key search isn't able to bring up installed apps. I'm sure this isn't how it's meant to be, and that there must be a fix... right? 10556