Windows 10: I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?

Discus and support I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] I tried finding the standalone update for KB4023814 in the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it was not there. What do I do? How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Sep 30, 2019.

1. I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?

I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do? bc5b3da9-6f8c-41e1-a42a-72f2b4dbf4d4?upload=true.png I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do? 3d1ba733-6279-47cd-a8c9-d03b0eb794e9?upload=true.png

I tried finding the standalone update for KB4023814 in the Microsoft Update Catalog, but it was not there. What do I do? How do I compensate for this update?

:)

Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Sep 30, 2019

2. Windows Update Catalog / Search Options

Hello ANoTest,

Windows Update Catalog is a website that offers updates for computers. Through this, you can download Windows Updates manually. Here are the steps on how to download Update from Window Update Catalog manually:

• OpenWindows Update Catalog.
    • In the search text box, type your search terms. (Example: Windows 10 1607 X64)
    • Click Search.
    • Browse the list that is displayed to select the updates that you want to download.
    • Click Add for each selection to add it to the download basket.
    • Click view basket under the Search box to view the download basket.
    • Verify your list of updates, and then click Download.
    • Note If you are prompted, click Accept to accept the license agreement.
    • Select the location where you want to save the updates. You can either type the full path of the folder, or you can click Browse to locate the folder.
    • Click Continue to start the download.
    • When the download is complete, click Close to close the Download Window.
    • Close the Windows Update Catalog Window.
    • Find the location that you specified in step 9.
      Note: If you have downloaded device drivers for installation, go to
      Installing Drivers.
    • Double-click each update, and then follow the instructions to install the update. If the updates are intended for another computer, copy the updates to that computer, and then double-click the updates to install them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 1, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. AsRock Win User

I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do?

1. I can't find the update I need in the Windows Update Catalog. What do I do? - Similar Threads - can't find update

2. I'm stuck with windows 7 and I can't update it; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck with windows 7 and I can't update it; what do I do?: I had to do a factory reset on my pc so i could use it, but after i did the factory reset i lost my windows 10 update, and the worse part is i have have windows 7; i've tried looking all over the internet on how to update and/or get windows 10 back, but the only thing i found...
  3. I'm stuck with windows 7 and I can't update it; what do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm stuck with windows 7 and I can't update it; what do I do?: I had to do a factory reset on my pc so i could use it, but after i did the factory reset i lost my windows 10 update, and the worse part is i have have windows 7; i've tried looking all over the internet on how to update and/or get windows 10 back, but the only thing i found...
  4. Where can I find this update in Windows Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find this update in Windows Catalog: Hi All, I'm wondering where I can find the update for this to import into Windows Server Update Services.This appears under check Microsoft for updates.However I cannot find the package for this driver which appears to be...
  5. Where can I find this update in Windows Catalog

Where can I find this update in Windows Catalog: Hi All, I'm wondering where I can find the update for this to import into Windows Server Update Services.This appears under check Microsoft for updates.However I cannot find the package for this driver which appears to be...
  6. Where can I find this update in Windows Catalog

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. What do I need to do?

What do I need to do?: When I turn my PC on it loads like normal, after I type my pin and sign in, it takes it a bit longer than normal to load, but when it do it shows my homescreen with my applications on the screen but my Hot barthe bar on the bottom of the screen is transparent with nothing on...
  8. what do I need to do?

what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  9. what do I need to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what do I need to do?: my windows surface has been showing an error of "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK' to restart the computer, and then restart the installation." after clicking "OK" it...
  10. Do I need the update?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I need the update?: [ATTACH] Brauch ich das Update?