Windows 10: I can't find which drive is which

Discus and support I can't find which drive is which in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hellswarden09, Sep 12, 2020.

1. I can't find which drive is which

So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my NVMe. Before I erased all the information on my SSD I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the nvme. So I disabled the SSD and checked the NVMe... re-enabling the SSD was a hassle but I eventually got it re-enabled but now I don't know which disk is which drive. they are both 1 tb, one is the clone of the other, so there is no difference. How do I tell them apart?

:)

Hellswarden09, Sep 12, 2020
  2. little cat, Sep 12, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I can't find which drive is which :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 12, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

I can't find which drive is which

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

I can't find which drive is which

1. I can't find which drive is which - Similar Threads - can't find drive

2. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Customization
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  3. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  4. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't access external SSD drive which is encrypted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access external SSD drive which is encrypted: Hi there. I have an SSD drive that used to be my old laptop's main drive. It was encrypted using Win 8 bitlocker. I know the password. One day, the laptop stopped turning on. The fans switched on and the lights were there, but booting did not take place. I have a new...
  6. Which drives to image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which drives to image: My laptop has two M. 2 drives the C drive and D drive, I use Macrium Reflect weekly to image the C drive, which is then backed up to a second external drive, I then use Goodsync to back up the D drive to the same second external drive, should I be imaging both the C & D...
  7. Can't change which drive apps are installed on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change which drive apps are installed on: Every time I try to change this in the settings, it gives me the error code 0x80070005, which I've gone through every thread to try and fix, and I still am getting the error. Please, someone, give me a fix....
  8. Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Data Should Go no Which Drive?: I have a 1TB Hard Drive and a 512GB SSD. How do I make it so Windows boots up on my SSD, and what are your recommendations on what should go on my SSD, and what should go on my Hard Drive? I’m new to PC gaming, so I would appreciate all of your help. (Edit: sorry about title,...
  9. How do I find which partition is Drive C?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find which partition is Drive C?: I'm getting the BSOD and none of the advance options are working. I created a bootable drive and am reinstalling windows. There are 2 options: 1. Upgrade, but this option isn't working because I need to do it when I start windows normally. Which I can't do because I have BSOD...
  10. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...