Windows 10: I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive..

Discus and support I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; but Windows downloads Media Creation Tool fine but when it actually gets to the part where it installs to the USB Flash Drive, I get the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeniseOR, Sep 4, 2019.

1. DeniseOR Win User

I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive..

but Windows downloads Media Creation Tool fine but when it actually gets to the part where it installs to the USB Flash Drive, I get the following error message (and it's happened twice now):

I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive.. 37c57ac2-0fc5-4b4f-819b-afe168839e60?upload=true.png

:)

DeniseOR, Sep 4, 2019

2. How to create an UNACTIVATED Windows 10 installation USB flash drive using the new Media Creation Tool v1803??

I want to note also that the Media Creation Tool didn't give me the option to select the Edition of Windows 10 at the step you can choose the Language, Edition and Architecture. The only thing that was in the list was only the "Windows 10" option, not other
    editions...

So, is this a BUG of Media Creation Tool or I have misunderstood something? Is this reasonable?

Also is it reasonable when you install Windows (by USB Flsah drive created with Media Creation Tool) to be activated on its own after installation finishes??

MinimalTechGR, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Media Creation Tool: creating of USB is not finished after downloading (Windows 10)

Hello!

Could you please advice what to do if Media Creation Tool didn't finished its work?

Steps performed:

1) MediaCreationTool1809.exe was downloaded;

2) creating of USB device was choosen;

3) installation files were downloaded (several Gigabytes) with the progress at 100%;

4) at the end USB was not created (no error code received).

How to avoid new downloading of installation files and to create an USB drive for installation?

Best regards,

Eldar Fattakhov, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive..

Failed Media Creation Tool attempt at bootable USB flash drive

Shawn, these are the steps being referred to that NavyLCDR posted. They work for both UEFI and MBR.

Here are the steps to create a standard Windows 10 USB flash drive:

1. Use the Media Creation Tool to download and save the ISO file to your hard drive.
    2. Insert the USB flash drive.
    3. Open a Administrator Command Prompt and enter: diskpart (if it isn't an administrator command prompt, it will ask for administrator permission).
    4. list disk
    5. select disk # <- replace # with the actual disk number of the USB flash drive
    6. clean <- this will erase the disk selected above, make sure you selected the USB flash drive!
    7. create part pri
    8. format fs=fat32 quick
    9. active
    10. exit
    11. exit - and if the first Command Prompt was not an Administrator Command Prompt, exit that one too.
    11. Mount the ISO file saved by the Media Creation Tool. If you are using Windows 8 or 10, you only have to right click on it and click on mount. If you are using Windows 7, then you must use a program like WinCDEmu to mount the ISO file:
    WinCDEmu - the easiest way to mount an ISO. And more...
    12. Copy all the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB flash drive.

That's as simple as it gets. Between steps 7 and 8 you can enter: "select part 1" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.
    Between steps 8 and 9 you can enter: "assign" without quotes - but it should not be necessary.

Ztruker, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. I can't finish creating media creation tool to the USB installation Flash drive.. - Similar Threads - can't finish creating

2. Will Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB flash drive?: Hello. I want to create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, so I can install Windows 10 on another computer. My question is can the media creation tool format the USB flash drive, or not? Can the tool format the USB flash drive in the best format for Windows? If not,...
  3. Will Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB flash drive?: Hello. I want to create a bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10, so I can install Windows 10 on another computer. My question is can the media creation tool format the USB flash drive, or not? Can the tool format the USB flash drive in the best format for Windows? If not,...
  4. Will Media Creation Tool automatically format the USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium

Media Creation Tool, creating a USB installation medium: <p>I find it unbelievable that this tool simply removes any already set up partition(s) from a USB Stick.</p><p>There is not even a warning that any information stored on the stick's partition(s) (even the ones not needed by the tool) will be lost after using the tool.<br...
  8. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  9. Media Creation Tool: creating of USB is not finished after downloading (Windows 10)

Media Creation Tool: creating of USB is not finished after downloading (Windows 10): Hello! Could you please advice what to do if Media Creation Tool didn't finished its work? Steps performed: 1) MediaCreationTool1809.exe was downloaded; 2) creating of USB device was choosen; 3) installation files were downloaded (several Gigabytes) with the progress...
  10. Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?

Will Media Creation Tool Create A USB Installer With Version 1511?: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 that I installed as a full version (not from the free update, I purchased the full edition from Microsoft). Whenever I get a new OS I like to do a clean install so I used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool which I downloaded...